[VID] The Escapist forums moderation is wildly inconsistent (now with data!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I don't recall you or a rant but I guess thats very possible. Anyway, thats not the context I was talking about. It would also totally derail the thread so open another one or come to the discord or whatever if its something you want to keep talking about.
I’m not in that discord and don’t care to join it. I have Antifa admin access to all discords anyway so why would I bother?

RiseofDaWolfie

Mar 11, 2021
Country
Germany
I’m not in that discord and don’t care to join it. I have Antifa admin access to all discords anyway so why would I bother?
Thats fair and why I also suggested two other avenues (leave it at that or make a new thread if you don't want to leave it at that). No point in derailing this one and artificially keeping it alive in the process.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Thats fair and why I also suggested two other avenues (leave it at that or make a new thread if you don't want to leave it at that). No point in derailing this one and artificially keeping it alive in the process.
Cool.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Wait wait wait, a self proclaimed uneducated Troll got banned from a platform, went on a second platform to complain about not having a platform anymore, got so worked up he posted a video on a third platform to talk about his complaints form the second platform about not having the first platform, came back to the first platform under the guise of a sock puppet account, posted the video from the third platform where he talks about the complaints he made on the second platform about not having the first platform, all of this and you guys are honest to God interacting with them again?!

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Wait wait wait, a self proclaimed uneducated Troll got banned from a platform, went on a second platform to complain about not having a platform anymore, got so worked up he posted a video on a third platform to talk about his complaints form the second platform about not having the first platform, came back to the first platform under the guise of a sock puppet account, posted the video from the third platform where he talks about the complaints he made on the second platform about not having the first platform, all of this and you guys are honest to God interacting with them again?!
He’s genuinely not Houseman, he’s just coincidentally also a fascist.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I mean so he says. And even if he's not the same person, he could easily be sharing the account with Houseman. And again that's assuming he's just not lying about his identity.
Eh, whatever works for you. I personally think it’s funnier that this guy’s first post is to bring up a half hour video by a dude nobody likes complaining about moderation on a thrice bankrupted video games web forum.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Eh, whatever works for you. I personally think it’s funnier that this guy’s first post is to bring up a half hour video by a dude nobody likes complaining about moderation on a thrice bankrupted video games web forum.
It is kinda funny Houseman was so emotional over his ban. Like it deeply, mentally, maybe even spiritually hurt him. This small, small oh so very small little corner of the internet mattered so much to him, yet he not only took no steps to prevent his ban, he actively championed for it and then pulled a surprise Pikachu face when it happened.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Wait, Antifa has universal admin access?

*Yells at his cat, the leader of Antifa*
"Why didn't you tell me about this? What else are you hiding from me?"

*Cat stares disinterestedly and then goes back to sleep*

Reactions: BrawlMan and Revnak

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Theres an easy A to be had in a thesis on how every off-topic section in every internet forum is always interpreted as "Yes, please tell us about your bullshit.".

Reactions: BrawlMan

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Wait, Antifa has universal admin access?

*Yells at his cat, the leader of Antifa*
"Why didn't you tell me about this? What else are you hiding from me?"

*Cat stares disinterestedly and then goes back to sleep*
I mean its a well known fact cats are secretly drillers trying to get to the center of the world, so who know what else they're doing?!

RiseofDaWolfie

Mar 11, 2021
Country
Germany
He’s genuinely not Houseman, he’s just coincidentally also a fascist.
Well, let no one say this derail was my doing.

The screencap you keep referencing comes shortly after another member of the server and I had an argument, as we often do, since generally speaking he is someone who has high trust in technological progress while socially being more moderate, conservative, however you want to put it. (Hope I am not misrepresenting anything there.) In the past it has often been my opinion that there is a conflict there if you look into the details, in his opinion there is not, thats where the ribbing about progressive stuff happening 5 minutes later comes from.

As for eco-fascist, I'm not sure how it is in the USA but here in Europe you'll quickly be branded one for wanting more legislation to combat climate change, or simply for thinking climate change is a real thing. Him calling me an eco-fascist to begin with is also playful ribbing due to me being favourable toward heavy legislation, etc etc, and our almost opposite opinions on how big of an issue it is. How eco-fascist I actually am is directly parallel to how far we go in the climate change crisis without properly doing anything about it, so I suppose theres a very real possibility you could be right in 20 to 30 years time.

I do hold some positions many others have told me they consider radical, so it really shouldn't be difficult for you - or your friend I guess -to find some posts about that. If you absolutely insist on turning this thread into a platform for public accusal, I would prefer you do it properly and attack me over positions I actually hold.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Well, let no one say this derail was my doing.

The screencap you keep referencing comes shortly after another member of the server and I had an argument, as we often do, since generally speaking he is someone who has high trust in technological progress while socially being more moderate, conservative, however you want to put it. (Hope I am not misrepresenting anything there.) In the past it has often been my opinion that there is a conflict there if you look into the details, in his opinion there is not, thats where the ribbing about progressive stuff happening 5 minutes later comes from.

As for eco-fascist, I'm not sure how it is in the USA but here in Europe you'll quickly be branded one for wanting more legislation to combat climate change, or simply for thinking climate change is a real thing. Him calling me an eco-fascist to begin with is also playful ribbing due to me being favourable toward heavy legislation, etc etc, and our almost opposite opinions on how big of an issue it is. How eco-fascist I actually am is directly parallel to how far we go in the climate change crisis without properly doing anything about it, so I suppose theres a very real possibility you could be right in 20 to 30 years time.

I do hold some positions many others have told me they consider radical, so it really shouldn't be difficult for you - or your friend I guess -to find some posts about that. If you absolutely insist on turning this thread into a platform for public accusal, I would prefer you do it properly and attack me over positions I actually hold.
BC509910-6FA3-41F0-A644-37A36610DFFB.jpeg

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Whenever WW is brought up it's always funny seeing all the people who never actually went there talk about what a disaster it was, like they actually know what they're talking about.

For the most part, the only people who really made the place bad was The User Who Shalt Not Be Named
Epyc Wynn wasn't that bad once he stopped autoplaying videos in every thread. He added a lot of energy to the forum, like a hyperactive child.
If nothing else, the fact that Houseman was only able to find 4 banned users (excluding spambots), and one of those isn't even banned anymore, really speaks to the leniency of the moderation here on V2.
There were 9 listed. The ones in red were banned as well as the four on the end.

3. His arguments still rely on purposely misrepresenting events to fit pre-determined notions. See the video claims that Yoshi was banned for no reason despite it being well-known and publicly acknowledged that it was Yoshi harassing Nick on Nick's personal social media page that led to it.
We were actually just discussing this on the Houseman thread on Sanctuary and it actually makes more sense that Yoshi was banned from the Escapist first and then went to Nick's personal Facebook after.

To quote myself:
Drathnoxis said:
Also, re-reading some posts about his ban 1 2, I don't actually know if he got banned because he posted on Nick's Facebook or if he posted on Nick's Facebook because he was banned. Again a problem with the new forum in that it doesn't give us an explicit reason for ban and a link to the offending post. But I have to wonder why exactly Yoshi even went looking for Nick's personal Facebook to begin with. Nick says he 'blocked' 3 him out of existence, but he doesn't actually say he banned him from the Escapist. It's certainly plausible that he was already banned at the point he contacted Nick, perhaps he was trying to appeal.
Yoshi also later came to the thread and confirmed that to be the case. Apparently he went and used that laughing reaction that he liked on Nick's Facebook, just as a parting insult to the Escapist community.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Huh, I was expecting you to use the word "cancelled" there.

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Alright, this has gone pretty far off-topic at this point. Think all the points have been made. I'm locking this one.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs
Status
Not open for further replies.