Video Game Food Analogies

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Chef Life: Restaurant Simulator: A French and Italian cooking class run by the French.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
RE4 Remake is the best restaurant you can find in Spain. I got nothing else.
It opened about twenty years ago in Castille to immediate rave reviews and booked-for-years popularity, but over time as its menu barely changed a few people started to go elsewhere, though it always retained a loyal core customer base. When they suddenly launched a revamped menu with a lot of new and changed items, it attracted a brand new audience and brought back some of the people who left, though it also split the 'loyal' customers between whether it's just as good as the old menu or if they should have stuck closer to it.

Food's great either way though, and the branch in Cordoba still has the old menu if you really can't stand the new one at all. They even have cheaper prices, so you can't lose.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Azur Lane:A knockoff hooters built right in the middle of neighbourhoods selling more and more health food that gets snarls from misogynistic and obese people only for their home branch to be forced to get rid of everything special that made hooters while leaving the concept intact overseas. Quite frequented by members of the SEA community

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
The best kind of sushi is the omakase style, where the chef picks for you what you'll eat based on freshness and you're not even given any extra soy sauce to dip it in or wasabi to put on it because he seasons it how it's supposed to be for you before he hands it to you.

Jrpgs are a lot like that, where it may not be what you think you want out of a game or what you're used to, but if you give it a shot you'll end up enjoying yourself. Though on the same token, if you don't like seafood, you may not wanna go to the sushi place and then complain that they don't have hawaian Spam musubi or something. (you can still eat egg and cucumber rolls I guess! :D)

Reactions: NerfedFalcon

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
God Hand's like going to a Korean bar for the first time and accidentally ordering the spiciest thing on the menu, and given that it's a Korean place, that's really spicy. At first you need the booze to withstand it, but eventually you come back again and you're able to at least finish the meal. Then you come back again, and you hardly even notice that it's spicy at all, until you bring your friends who aren't used to it and the cycle repeats.

But even after you don't strictly need the booze anymore to withstand it, you still enjoy the soju just as it is, because that's also good stuff.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
God Hand's like going to a Korean bar for the first time and accidentally ordering the spiciest thing on the menu, and given that it's a Korean place, that's really spicy. At first you need the booze to withstand it, but eventually you come back again and you're able to at least finish the meal. Then you come back again, and you hardly even notice that it's spicy at all, until you bring your friends who aren't used to it and the cycle repeats.

But even after you don't strictly need the booze anymore to withstand it, you still enjoy the soju just as it is, because that's also good stuff.
My God, somebody finally put into words!

Viewtiful Joe is that curry restaurant that has various levels of spice, and you more than likely started with the mild stuff, but became difficult to eat every now and then, until you got used to the taste and texture. Then you moved on to the spicier curry on each run and visit.

Reactions: NerfedFalcon