Video game moments that made you LAUGH!

Jason Gill

Mar 30, 2010
Portal: when Glados says "and most importantly, never, EVER *static*
No More Heroes 2: When Henry's message has some of the exact same lines travis says moments before and Million gunman's "F*** YOU! I SHOOT MONEY!"

Rewold

Mar 18, 2010
In L4D yelling Bill! as Louis. We were at LAN and tired and for some reason it was so funny. Took half an hour before I understood what he was yelling. I thought he wasn't yelling anything specific.

Also got good laughs when I played soul calibur 3 the first time with my brother and we made random cracters in vs. mode. Both got dancers and couldn't stop laughing at them.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Dragon Age - Shale stepping on the chicken.

I nearly fell off my chair.
Oh god I loved that so much! Every time I hear a bird related pun in that game I just crack up! Shale has got to be one of my all time favourite characters.

OT: It made me laugh so hard when in Dragon Age, Alistair decides to start a lengthy conversation with me, while he's on fire, so he's just gossiping about the other members of our party while he's twitching and on fire.
Those elemental effects were so dumb, but yes they were at times hilarious...

How about this one:

Grey Warden: What's the problem? You like this girl?
Dalish Elf: Oh, I don't know if I should tell you, you wouldn't understand...'
Grey Warden: Just tell me before I kick your head in.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
After I burst out of Kronos in God of War III and he had gone from proud of "defeating" Kratos to being attacked on the inside and then having a huge rip in his side release his intestines...

Also, this one time in MW2 the lead player was a kill from winning with 1450 in FFA and I had 900 points, the dude wanted to get a funny kill for the last kill, so got someone to lie down in the middle of Rundown (haven't played online in a while, think that was the level), I ended up seeing him before the kill, killed the guy who was on the ground, then killed him, got another kill or 2, earned a predator missile, and killed 3 people when it hit the SAME guy trying to get the kill again, I still lost, but he had to just get a normal kill because I had suddenly jumped up to 1400 points in the span of less than a minute, it was hilarious

Note of Discord

Mar 8, 2010
Day of the Tentacle

The Look the hamster is giving you when you fish him out the freezer and thaw him out is totally priceless.

Also pretty much every time the Joker was on the PA in Arkham Asylum I cracked up.

Frostwing

Nov 23, 2009
Yubera said:
ssgt splatter said:
Ldude893 said:
mocruz1200 said:
most of portal gave me a good laugh
This one cracked me up:
<youtube=AwKq8tWi-LI>
Yes, yes it was great GLaDOS...BTW, what does GLaDOS stand for?
Genetic life form and disk-operating system.
OT:
Yubera said:
ssgt splatter said:
Ldude893 said:
mocruz1200 said:
most of portal gave me a good laugh
This one cracked me up:
<youtube=AwKq8tWi-LI>
Yes, yes it was great GLaDOS...BTW, what does GLaDOS stand for?
Genetic life form and disk-operating system.
OT:

Aww I wanted some cheese :-(

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
Everytime in MW2, on S&D, when my group does riot shields only.
I'm crap at riotshielding, but I got a great one. Me and some enemy sniper are the last alive on scrapyard. We end up in a duel by the ATC tower. He keeps trying to knife me and missing, and then starts no-scoping me with his intervention. He hits me once or twice, but not enough to kill me.
Then, he finally flash-bangs me - he's about to knife me from the side when I ran backwards - he sailed past.
He tries to knife me, fails, so runs off, trying to get a shot at me. I was about to charge after him, when I gave up. M93 out, 3 rounds in his arse, game wining kill.
His response? "Oh I didn't know you could have a gun with a riot shield..."

BC2 - I drove a tank of what was effectivly a cliff, trying to avoid A/T gunners. And landed on an enemy blackhawk.

Malifact

Apr 13, 2010
The end of Fable II, where everyone is on the Pillar and you're facing Lucien. I didn't kill him, I just let him talk... and talk... and talk...

And then there was a gunshot. And he fell over dead. The screen panned to the right, and Reaver chirped up "Oh, I'm sorry! Did 'you' want to shoot him?"

F*cking priceless.

Oh, and LotR: Conquest, on the Evil campaign, where you get to burn down the Shire as the god-damn BALROG.

DIE, UGLY LITTLE MIDGETS!!! DIEEEEEEEEE!!!

No-Superman10

Sep 6, 2008
insectoid said:
The entirety of Hospital Tycoon. Gosh some game designer was having fun making that game.
Patients are kindly asked not to die in the corridors.

OT: COD:WAW Veteran difficulty on Vendetta (1st russian mission)
A group of germans run around the corner and Reznov shouts "More infantry! Cut them down!" the jumps out in front of them to shoot, but at this point his scripted event ran out and the AI kicked in causing him to not shoot, this combined with that all plot-important characters cannot die he simply stood there flailing like a drunken spaz shouting "GHVLBGGLDF!" as he gets pumped full of MP40 rounds.

I nearly threw up on my TV.

May 5, 2010
Yesterday, in inFamous, I saw a group of injured civilians. There were like 8 of lying next to each other. Since my name at the time was Cole McNice, and not Cole McDick, I decided to heal them. Unfortunately, I didn't see that every single one of them was lying on a plate of conductive concrete. As soon as I got close, they all got electrocuted and died. Sometimes you just can't win.

Ha. I'm watching my brother play Rainbow 6 Vegas right now, and he's playing some mode where he hunts down AI-controlled terrorists on a multiplayer map. He's killed all of them but one, and the last one is hiding in a bathroom. Every time my brother opens the door to shoot, the AI just closes it again.

acklumos

May 1, 2009
The Vox News cutscenes in Ratchet: Deadlocked that are skewed so far that they are the exact opposite of what Ratchet really did. Hmm, wonder what new station you're mocking there, Insomniac.

AlmostLikeLife

Apr 24, 2009
I was playing Skate 2 the other day out of sheer boredom. I was doing a mission where I had to follow a guy and do some coffins too. Well, we hit a bit of a bump and he had to get off his board. He started to roll back down the hill and went to coffin under a rail. Problem is, he was a little late on laying all the way down and BAM! Smacked his grill right into the bar, and I just went cruising on by.

Had me in stitches.

Deadarm

Sep 8, 2008
Splinter Cell CT, if you shoot the guy that was tortured in the lighthouse level. "I'm just making sure hes not suffering." It isn't what he said but how he said it, it always made me giggle a bit.

Falling a long way down in DK 64... if you played it you know why.

People in rpgs that have almost blank faces but are supposed to be nearly hysterical. (I call it bethesda syndrome, this also includes the way your character moves. You know, how they look like they are on a stick and the world moves around them insead of the other way around.)

Splinter Cell: Conviction, the bad guys are just really stupid and ts hillarious to watch them run around confused yelling, "Oh fuck its Fisher" and stuff like that after you kill one of them from the shadows.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Star Ocean 4 when the main lead and female confess their undying love for each other. The scene was so awkward and cringe worthy I couldn't help but laugh.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
A lot of the lines from Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 had me chuckle. My personal favourites were some of the one liners from Ashley as well as just about anything Wrex had to say on an elevator.
In Mass Effect 2, it was of course Garrus who had the dry wit.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Ratchet and Clank 3:

A conversation between Captain Qwark and his monkey sidekick - "It was mating season, how could I've known she was your sister?"

It gets me everytime I hear it.

I forgot about that line, god I loved that game other than that The Judge from Phoenix Wright yelling I'm No Spoony bard, and Operation Babe Hunt from Persona 3, the ending with Akihiko is priceless.