Video Reveals New Gun-Toting Arkham City Villain

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Video Reveals New Gun-Toting Arkham City Villain

After all the super-powered criminals in Arkham City, a guy with a gun almost sounds like vacation.

Just when you thought Batman's time in Arkham City [http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-City-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0F5M8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316177215&sr=8-1] couldn't get any tougher, Rocksteady throws another villain into the mix. This time it's the assassin-for-hire Deadshot, who menaces the urban prison through the scope of a sniper rifle.

There have been a few mentions in previous trailers and interviews about Batman tracking down a gunman running wild in Arkham City, and it looks like they were talking about Deadshot the whole time. Defeating Deadshot will require the player to make use of Batman's forensic equipment and skills, to a greater degree than he or she might be required to do in the main game . Speaking to GTTV [http://www.gametrailers.com/show/gametrailers-tv], narrative designer Paul Crocker said that Rocksteady had tried to get as much of Batman's rogues gallery into Arkham City as it could, which explains Deadshot's presence, instead of just a generic gunman, as well as the countless other character reveals in the last few months.

Deadshot first appeared in 1950 and has been a recurring Batman villain ever since. He has also done various stints on the clandestine Suicide Squad, a secret US Black Ops team made up of supervillains who undertake incredibly dangerous missions in exchange for full pardons. As is the case with all of Arkham City's villains, Deadshot in the game isn't quite as he appears in the comics and his costume appears to be based on the version seen in the Batman anime anthology Gotham Knights [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Gotham_Knight].

It's actually quite amazing to see just how many villains Rocksteady has crammed into Arkham City. There surely can't be too many more to unveil, although with such stalwarts as Clock King, Egghead, and the Royal Flush Gang still unaccounted for, there may be more surprises in store.

Batman: Arkham City comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on October 18th.

Source: via IGN [http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/119/1194785p1.html?RSSwhen2011-09-15_233000&RSSid=1194785&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ignfeeds%2Fall+%28IGN+Complete%29]

chuckey

Oct 9, 2010
Wow, the vid has already been taken down. I guess we weren't supposed to know about this. :p

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
It's actually quite amazing to see just how many villains Rocksteady has crammed into Arkham City. There surely can't be too many more to unveil, although with such stalwarts as Clock King, Egghead, and the Royal Flush Gang still unaccounted for, there may be more surprises in store.
I still haven't heard whether we'll see a repeat performance from Scarecrow. I REALLY hope he returns for round two in this game because his sections were some of the most fun from the first game. :D

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Must've been a secret. It's gone now.
I'd rather not have them jam a dozen villains and only devote like one small section to them. I like the idea of focusing on a few villains.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
That's nice and all, but his costume looks less like it did in Gotham Knight and more like a H.Y.D.R.A. uniform.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
It would be funny as hell if Great white shark was in here.

"Why am I doing here? I'm not crazy!"
"You cheated people out of money...and that's terrible."

EVERY single person he met told him that, including Joker AND the demons of hell. The direct quote is:

"You're the worst person I ever met."

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
Anyone who wants to watch the video, just go to the Gametrailers page for the video.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/133?ch=1

It's the first article in the video, so just skip forward to around 1 minute in. Then come back to The Escapist and have a chemical shower before posting.

EDIT: Ok, it's split up thricely. But you can still skip through.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
As far as Villains goes... I am only interested in knowing the appearances of "super villains", because they are inhuman, and cool to fight like that. Crock got me excited in the first game... but later was so pathetic in the actual encounter, that I was not satisfied with the game after that point.... joker... worse... though fighting a semi-super villain like Ivy was kinda fun, and beating off zombie cops, were a blast... it still didn't justify the Crock encounter... and to me... the only way to redeem such a failure is CLAY FACE... yes, one TRUE SUPER VILLAIN, and NO Freeze is NOT counted as a "Super" because it's just a sick man in space suit, and a BFG (that turns ANYTHING in to ice cube).

As far as story goes.... yeh... I can't wait...

As far as combat goes... yeh... I can't wait either...

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Deadshot looks like he's really going to be an interesting character in the game. I don't mind actually getting to go into detail with the forensics elements. Batman is supposed to be "The World's Greatest Detective" after all.

Also i have kind of a sweet spot for assassin's.

"The world's greatest detective falls at the hands of the world's greatest assassin"

Oct 30, 2010
Dr. wonderful said:
It would be funny as hell if Great white shark was in here.

"Why am I doing here? I'm not crazy!"
"You cheated people out of money...and that's terrible."

EVERY single person he met told him that, including Joker AND the demons of hell. The direct quote is:

"You're the worst person I ever met."
How about King Shark.

I'm a SHAAAAAAAAAAARK!

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
Wait one goddamn minute, how does Viacom have the standing to take this video down? Both DC Comics and Rocksteady Studios are owned by Time Warner.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
[sub] After reading that the new one is deadshot.[/sub]

WHAT IS THE NEED TO RUN ON PC! TELL, NOW ROCKSETEADY, ME WANT NOW!

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
kane.malakos said:
Ah, Deadshot, the poor mans Deathstroke...
Who in turn is a boring mans DeadPool.

(Also doesn't Deadshot sort of remind you of Bullseye; you know the how whole super accurate thing)

JohnDoey

Jun 30, 2009
Cool Deadshot is a great character but I saw a pic of the outfit and personally I think they fucked up royally with it.
Link with pictures
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1194783p1.html

http://www.comicvine.com/deadshot/29-5763/bad-deadshot-pictures/92-538905/

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
No problem for the Bat then, because Deadshot always pulls his shots around him. now if they really want to cause problems for Batman they would be using The Wall.

Lawton is one of my favourite DC characters because I am a huge Suicide Squad fanboy. He just isn't going to be able to get up to his usual shenanigans in a video game. Like shooting a Senator dead because he was told to prevent Rick Flag from killing him, "Hey Rick Flag didn't kill him", was Deadshot's logic.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
The last paragraph of the OT nails my thoughts, but the other way around. There's a looong list of villains in the game and I don't know if that's really a good thing. In my opinion it would be better to take 3-4 baddies and flesh them out well than cramming everything that made a name for itself in with them only getting three lines of dialogue.