Videogame music orchestrated

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
What is some of your favorite orchestrated video game music?

I've been listening to this for 15 minutes so far. The Wind Waker part was beautiful.

LittleBlondeGoth

Mar 24, 2011
Well the Distant Worlds albums and concert of orchestrated Final Fantasy scores have to be some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard. However a great place to go is a website called OC Remix. There's hundreds of pieces on there from all kinds of series. I love it. :)

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Dawn of War 2's soundtrack

There's also a album of video game soundtracks done by the London Philharmonic Orchestra

REcaptcha: geez louise

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
halo theme, one winged angel (FF7), dancing mad (FF6), and kingdom hearts theme are the usual ones that spring to mind.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
The original piano version of "To Zanarkand" from Final Fantasy 10 is really pretty.

Orchestrated, <url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1JgIg38QBU>it's achingly beautiful.

LittleBlondeGoth said:
Well the Distant Worlds albums and concert of orchestrated Final Fantasy scores have to be some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard.
I actually first learned that from the Dear Friends concert. Then Distant Worlds reinforced it with songs I hadn't heard orchestrated...

MrBoBo

Jul 23, 2008
Pretty much all the Total War soundtracks are epic and spot on. Napoleon Total War is my fav.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Sean Hollyman said:
What is some of your favorite orchestrated video game music?

I've been listening to this for 15 minutes so far. The Wind Waker part was beautiful.
OPs GOT TO STOP NINJAING ME!!!!!
So yeah, Zelda's got some really fantastic music, that CDs beeing one good collection.

Vim-Hogar

Sep 2, 2008
I've never actually played any of the Medal of Honor games other than the demo for Allied Assault, but Michael Giacchino's soundtracks for the first few games are totally great.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
As stated several times before, the Distant World concerts/CDs have some of the most beautiful and best orchestrated FF songs ever.

Also, I love my Zelda orchestra CD that came with Skyward Sword. I listen to it while I drive home from work at night. Quite awesome.