Videogame Music Secretly Wins First Grammy

Astalano

Nov 24, 2009
More proof that PC gaming is superior!

(Just kidding)

But seriously, congratulations on the award.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
lol
if they'd include more video game music in the grammys they'd pull off at least one of the shiny things every year

MazeMinion

Mar 7, 2010
I remember first playing Civ IV, I immediately stopped at the menu and listened to this beautiful piece of music.

It reminds me that Civilization isn't all about war.

JakobBloch

Apr 7, 2008
This was well deserved. I join my voice to those others that had a tendency to pause at the menu screen.

Edit: Just wanted to mention Zak Belicas "What's the World come to." Theme of Sin Emergence: Episodes (that sadly got cancelled after the first episode.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
First Trent Reznor wins a Golden Globe (and possibly on track to win an Oscar) and now video game music wins a Grammy.

My 19-year-old self still can't believe it.

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
I actually played Vanilla CivIV over BTS for the sole reason of getting to hear this song.

Too bad that it couldn't win as video game music :/

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Hm. Never played a Civilization game before, but this video/song makes me want to remedy that. Is it worth it?

In any case, that song deserves the award it got. A beautiful piece of music.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Let's hope this creates enough waves that the Grammy Awards will actually start to have an official video game slot. It would be awesome to hear what game got the honor of having its soundtrack win a Grammy this year.

Feb 28, 2008
Excellent news, was only listening to this a couple of days ago. Now all we need to do is get Silent Hill 2's music by Akira Yamaoka to win a grammy... somehow...