Videogame Theater: Defenders of the Universe

Videogame Theater

May 27, 2008
Defenders of the Universe

The Defenders of the Universe unite to take on all comers in this hip-hop tribute to classic arcade space shooters.

hasam

Feb 1, 2008
there seems to be an interesting lack of videogames in this theatre of videogames

Dante_Alucard

May 16, 2008
OK, thanxs for that. Now all you have to do is run up to me, kick me in the nuts and tell me my dog is dead. That would have been better then this. I didn't comment on the last one because like I said I would not say anything negative until you got 20 good comments so I never got a chance to say anything. Now, though, I can not let this go any more this sucks just stop it. I must say that I mega loath you because hate is not a strong enough word. This will most likely be my last comment on this show because I tried to give it a chance but my life is way to short to waste on this show anymore. So stop trying and I am Not Alone when I say this.
God said:
This sucks stop it.
(He really didn't say this, but I know he's thinking it)

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
I'm surprised the local brown-noser isn't present to defend this 'MASTERPIECE OF ESCAPST CINEMA 5 STARZ!'.

Saying that, I enjoyed it. A rap about Defenders of the Universe is nothing less than heroic.

Besides, its muppets!

Muppets!

Feb 13, 2008
Videogame Theater said:
The Defenders of the Universe unite to take on all comers in this hip-hop tribute to classic arcade space shooters.
The tagline alone makes me not want to watch it. Be more funny!

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
it was good up until the rapping >__< I've heard enough raps on old school games. This is really the only idea I haven't seen done, and it could have been done good at that. But the lack of talent on this show came through to ruin the idea.

Oh, and Crank Yankers was funny until the Comedy Central "over sexualizing" that every CC show goes though. And surprise surprise, there's puppet humping in this one. :p

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Interesting... they've stopped being full of jerk characters and are now just blah.
I guess that's a step in the right direction. Maybe.

Nadsat

May 30, 2008
I didn't mind this actually, I thought the rap was quite well written, especially the last verse. Having said that, there is still a crippling lack of teh funnay, which I assume is what the series is about (a pretty poor assumption considering I don't think I've ever laughed at this series).

Theissen

Jan 8, 2008
I don't want to sound rude, but I didn't like this, either.

I think the basic idea is wrong tbh. I don't think anyone finds 5 minutes of plain talking funny - not even if it's from Pacman.

BillBarilko

May 6, 2008
The rap had its moments, but this is yet another episode of not funny in this series. The VGT concept as a whole has potential, but it should have been handed over to people who know how to write comedy.

Props to The Escapist for giving this a chance, but this is strike three (the Donkey Kong episode was a foul ball - it connected for about the first half, then swerved off into suck). Dump VGT.