Videogame Theater: Defenders of the Universe

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
So bad its good.

Lot of people seem to hate this (and watch it every week) and yet its about as good as De-Rez, Zero Punctuation being the only reason to visit this site of course but I still watch every episode of Videogame Theatre and the aforementioned De-Rez along with Yahtzees latest installment.

The plot seems very half-arsed in comparison to the effort that has clearly gone into the aesthetic qualities (in an obvious contrast to Yahtzee). Having said that I don't know anything else around that is quite like it even if most of the decent gags are stolen off more successful shows, also in its defence it does have puppet sex and is quite badass.

Whatever, just keep the show going and don't let it get any worse (Donkey Kong episode).

Merlark

Dec 18, 2003
I hated it enough to take 20 seconds out of my day to let you know.

there is nothing here, it keeps repeated the same thing over and over again. I was going to watch the others but now I'm pretty sure I don't want to.

eyeheartcomics

Mar 27, 2008
I shut it off about halfway through the girl's rap. Maybe the robot's rap was funny, maybe it wasn't, but I shouldn't have to sift through 4 minutes of mediocre writing and poor execution to get to the good stuff. Congratulations on continuing to miss the mark.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
I have to commend you on the animation. I think it's very well done, and kudos for that. The way it's been edited and the fluidness of the animation is very nice. Good work on that.

Of course, I'm in the 'writing suXX0rZ' wagon, but better luck next time.

RAWKSTAR

Jun 5, 2008
Im not the biggest fan of VGT but I thought this episode was better than the rest!
I did actually enjoy it haha

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Well, this was the first VGT thing I have watched.
Man did it suck.

Yes, and to that Scott Chernoff Fella, I didn't watch it
all.