Videogame Theater: Donkey Kong vs Mario: A Barrel of Hope

Videogame Theater

May 27, 2008
Donkey Kong vs Mario: A Barrel of Hope

VGT reveals the untold story behind Mario's rise and Donkey Kong's fall. What evil lurks behind Mario's public facade? Watch as the nefarious plumber abuses a poor, lonely monkey who's merely struggling to get ahead and raise his motherless son. What kind of videogame hero would be so cruel? Oh, the humanity.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
Was I supposed to find this funny? Sorry, it really is coming off more cruel than tragic pratfalls. Though, there was some interesting screens where the apartments were Rampage and references to Donkey Kong Jr, though that lacked electricity.

Its moments like the needle in the arm of the Pac man vid and this one where DK puts a handgun to his head or the cruel dialogue that just turns off my funny bone and gets more of a grimace from me than a chuckle. If you are going for groans, you succeed but I really don't think this kind of thing is my thing, I think I will avoid the next vid of Videogame Theater.

Dante_Alucard

May 16, 2008
This was the worst thing I Have everseen on the internet ever. (I have been rickrolled twice and one of them was the Balki rick roll)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4113954175971505415&q=balki+rick&ei=5a9OSKTCOpyO4wLO6czBDA&hl=en

Gahars

Feb 4, 2008
Please, take this off.

I mean, was this supposed to be funny?

Was I supposed to laugh at Mario calling DK a stupid monkey? Do the makers think that is comedy?

Even worse than the previous episode, and that's saying a lot.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
I had my expectations set low, & i could only watch it sink lower as that went on

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Last week gave me a mild chuckle, this time, it felt like a challenge to finish the video.
The best bit was the advert advertising (the great) de-rez, so let me wrap up.

ESCAPIST MAGAZINE, >De-rez >Z.P. >Kung fu grip are the ONLY good videos on the escapist.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
What?

What?

How can anyone not like this? Its not supposed to be 'LMAO DIS IS SO FUNNEH!' its supposed to be about passion. Although some parts were overly corny and I personally think it went downhill the second they decided not to use a puppet as the princess (a doll!? WTF!). Certainly, it dragged on a tad too long, the special effects were dire (c'mon guys! Vegas can produce better backgrounds than that!) but it still was able to take an original outlook on the backstory.

Also: Diddy Kong, not 'Donkey Kong Junior'.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
Melaisis said:
Also: Diddy Kong, not 'Donkey Kong Junior'.
On the off chance that you weren't joking, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_Junior_(video_game)
Indeed, I actually had it on the old Game & Watch.

YuppySlime

Apr 28, 2008
that was not funny at all. How many times did they expect "but you're just a stupid monkey" to be funny? It was stupid the first time. And who the hell was doing the voice of Mario? they were not a good choice. la a a ame.

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
OH.
MY.
GOD.

Only ever give someone a link to this if you hate them or if they don't know what 'Horrible' means.

VGT Scott Chernoff

May 27, 2008
Rayavaro said:
I thought it was pretty funny. Everyone's taste of humor just differs!
Thanks, Rayvaro... and thanks sort of Melaisis.

The rest of you, of course, couldn't be more wrong.

But I do sort of enjoy seeing how up-in-arms you get about a puppet video...