Videogame Theater: Pac-Man: The Insatiable Hunger

drawnbypain

May 18, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
drawnbypain said:
I thought it was hilarious.
I love you both equally.
Aunty Entity: This is no enemy. It's almost family.
Max: Oh, I see, real civilized!
Aunty Entity: The reasons don't concern you, only the conditions. Do you want the deal or not?
Max: Mmm
The Collector: The first is, no one knows you're working for Aunty. You hit him, you go. The second is, it's a fair fight. The third is, it's to the death.

-Thunderdome (aka wtf why bring the same actor back to play a different part in a sequel movie)

VGT Scott Chernoff

May 27, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
Erm...sorry if the earlier post was harsh. Technically and in terms of ambition it was definitely impressive and the trippy sequence got a smile out of me. Just a bit rough around the edges.

If you made more of these and they got better as you got more experience, then I'm glad to hear you're switching to the new stuff. I'll tune in.

I have mountains of old crap that I wrote and posted on the internet years ago, but I'd be horrified if they ever saw the light of day now. Nobody starts out a pro, and it's good to see you opening the floodgates for talking.
Well, thank you for the thoughtful post - it's appreciated. I like reading all the responses (good, bad, and ugly - please keep them coming). I respect your opinion but let me also be clear: when I say the series gets better as it goes along, that doesn't mean I agree with you about episode #1. On the contrary, I love "Pac-Man: The Insatiable Hunger," and I hope 100% of the Escapist community gets to see it. I'm confident and hopeful that many will love it.

Unlike the old stuff you made that you said you'd be horrified for people to see, VGT is something I'm very excited to share. The pilot episode is also something which, yes, we made a while ago -- and that's why I'm also optimistic that you will become more of a fan as the show goes along. Because you ain't seen nothing yet.

Oh, and p.s.: "Drawn by Pain" is phenomenal!!

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
VGT Scott Chernoff said:
Thanks, Russ. Glad to be here.
I liked it in a odd way, not my first choise for top video if ZP left but good.

Anyway glad to see the makers of a video say something, as far as I can see the others don't.

Drawnbypain excluded of corse.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
This video was ok as far as laughs go. They where funny but I couldn't help but feel like I have heard all these jokes before. I think this series can go to good places but only time will tell I suppose...

Bling Cat

Jan 13, 2008
sorry, but ive seen the "pac man does drugs!" joke to many times now, and this really wasnt very good, it was just, i dont know... Childish?

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I really wanted to enjoy this.
It looked very promising from the intro but after that it just dragged.
The 'Coming Soon' was the only bit that appealed to me but I think that any expansion of the stories mentioned would probably bore me to tears if they're as badly executed as this was.

frankmeyer

May 28, 2008
Hey everyone. I am Frank Meyer, co-creator of VGT. Some of you may know me from my work at G4tv too. Just wanted to chime in and thank everyone for posting and speaking up. Love it or hate it, we wanna hear what ya think about Videogame Theater! But allow me to just say one thing -- the Pac-Man episode was the first one we did and is the oldest one. Awhile later we made 13 more kick-ass episodes that we think you guys will LOVE. The previews at the end of the Pac-Man pilot give you an idea of what's in store....but it gets waaaay crazier than that! Yes, many episodes are crude, and full of sex, cursing and violence....but that's just the kinda twisted, f--ked up stuff we love!!! Hopefully you will too. And if not, then fire away. We can take it. We play with puppets and videogames, so we're used to getting beaten up on a regular basis. So enjoy. Speak up. And rock on. -- Frank

xMacx

Nov 24, 2007
Xwii360 said:
And I agree that you should think before you flame, I've visited this site for well over a year now because of the fantastic articles. I only just became a member a bit ago.
This ends here or you both get banned. Move along. /mod.

Redfield85

May 28, 2008
I thought it was enjoyable. I just have a few suggestions.

Pac-man wore a shirt, Ms.Pac-man wore an apron, and Jr. Pac-man wore nothing. I just found it weird. Sort of a Donald Duck syndrome going on.

And in the title screen, I think the pictures should either be touched up or re-shot.

If you look at the puppets, you see that some are lighter than the rest (from a camera flash). I am just really nitpicky about stuff like that. And brown just doesn't seem right for a console color, but that is just a personal opinion. I wouldn't be upset if you left it as is.

Here. I did a quick Photoshop of it.

VGT Scott Chernoff

May 27, 2008
CanadianWolverine said:
You know what would have made a good close to this? That one screen we used to see on arcade machines that proclaimed "Don't Use Drugs" or whatever.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png
Forgot to say - this is a GREAT idea! Seeing that screengrab really brought me back...

And Redfield -- love what you did. Thanks for getting involved!

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
VGT Scott Chernoff said:
CanadianWolverine said:
You know what would have made a good close to this? That one screen we used to see on arcade machines that proclaimed "Don't Use Drugs" or whatever.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png
Forgot to say - this is a GREAT idea! Seeing that screengrab really brought me back...
That was from Bad Dudes wasn't it?