Videogame Theater: Q-Bert, Part 1: Hello. My Name is Friend.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
well, I finally watched it, and two things

1) It was....um...shorter...
2) I was able to sit through the whole thing (mostly due to point 1)

Matty-C

Jul 23, 2008
Wow. The sad part is that I was really looking forward to this episode for a long time. A retarded character has so much potential. Shame...

Karisse

Apr 16, 2008
This series continues to disappoint me, and I'm genuinely bothered by it because I thought the first episode was priceless.

What happened?

Harry Tatcher

Jun 15, 2008
Hey!

The gang's all here!

Awesome.

I liked this episode least of all. But that's like saying a freshly picked raspberry rainbow covered in delicious caramel is less savory than a store bought raspberry rainbow covered in delicious caramel.

Sure.

You want the best. And fresh is always best.

But sometimes you're in a hurry. And then you'll take that rainbow any way you can get it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is some people don't like raspberries. Some people don't like rainbows. Some people don't like caramel. And therefore, when you combine two or three of the above, you exponentially multiply the loathing some people feel for something rare and precious.

Like a retarded videogame character.

More Pitfall Harry, please.

Oh, and Steve Agee and Jeremy Carter are a huge boost. I hope we see more of them in the second half.

SeaCalMaster

Jun 2, 2008
That was less unbearable than previous episodes, mostly because it wasn't trying to force absent humor upon us.

Leon Rhapsodes

Jul 24, 2008
In an effort to make constructive critism perhaps it's not meant to be funny but more of a what if Video game characters were in a drama okay I admit a rather not that great drama but it ticks more boxes in that area of a genre then comedy so if it's meant to be funny then I'm stumped.

Mogsam

Jun 4, 2008
Where the hell were the jokes again? I waited and waited and it was just complete crap again.

Harry Tatcher

Jun 15, 2008
You know funny is subjective and rather personal. It doesn't exist as an Aristotelian essence. Therefore, it might be instructive to establish a baseline for what is considered funny as a man (or woman) who condemns basil simply may not possess the sensory organs to appreciate the taste of basil and may condemn basil out of ignorance and a biological lack of a dualiginium, which is Latin for "basil taster." (No, it isn't. I just made that shit up).

So, for example, I like Robert Smigel, Larry David, Andy Kaufman, Wes Anderson, Whit Stillman, Smothers Brothers, Lenny Bruce, but I don't particularly care for Mel Brooks, Stone and Parker, Chris Rock. I fence sit on Chapelle. But I like David Cross and Odenkirk (usually when he's teamed with someone else).

I like Zero Punctuation (how can you not?), but find most of the other comic content on Escapist spotty, but demonstrating flashes of brilliance. There's great potential there, for sure.

So, I guess I can't begrudge someone their opinion for enjoying South Park (I do enjoy it, but VERY rarely) or Robin Hood: Men in Tights (which I find almost unbearable) or Forest Gump (which I loathed with white hot contempt), but I'm in the minority as most people would rather watch a Will Ferrell movie than lap up Last Days of Disco with their mostly vestigial dualiginium (<-- made up).

Having said that, the incendiary components of accumulating tinder on the forest floor of VGT will go up, it's just a matter of time. You can stroll about the verdant pathways and ***** about the unsightly heaps of pine needles and such, but sooner or later that shit is gonna blaze. So come to the show early or come to it late, but it's gonna be on.

Yeah.

I mix metaphors.

Deal!

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
I'm not sure of the logic behind using kid humor (which appeals to kids) on obscure video games only adults know about (which appeals to adults). Where was the humor part of that episode, did I miss it?