Videogame Theme Park On Its Way

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
This... is.... AWESOME!!!!! (If only I wasn't 18, when this is done being built I will have to wait till I have kids so I can go there....)

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Cool. I wonder if he got that idea from this comic. [http://www.spookingtons.com/hcamusements.html]

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
That One Six said:
vansau said:
You are guided to the armory where you must select your weapon. You choose from majestic relics, whimsical hardware or advanced gear.
This part intrigued me the most. Does one get to walk around the park with "weapons"?
No idea. The copy on the site is pretty much advertising puffery right now. We'll see if anything concrete comes out of this.

@SirBryghtside:

Thanks very much for the kind welcome. I'm already enjoying the new digs :)

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
Oh, Fuck yes. Here's to hoping that they'll have people walking around in Disney-esque costumes of characters.

Also, a Shadow Temple boat ride would be cool as hell.

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Monshroud said:
Just what I always wanted, to get teabagged in real life.... Wait, that sounded wrong.. What I meant was.... Nevermind.
Ahaha... Imagine a Drop Tower called "The Teabag"...

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
If it's broken into Nintendo Land, the Peoples republic of Sony and the Kingdom of Microsoft then Fan boy wars will be in the entrance area. I pray it's in Florida in the Orlando area then because there is abundant land as well as it cheaper than in California and We're Getting Lego land.

The Spirit temple should be in their It kicked so much ass

black orchid1

Dec 15, 2009
i hope they dont do a ride about mass effect one i dont like standing in elevators for long periods of time

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
I guess now all of the WoW nerds won't have a reason not to take a damn shower and get out. *goes and tells half of the school* Well that takes care of that problem... Now to deal with the school lunches...............

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Oh I can't wait to go on the nintendo wii simulator ride, where your charming and quirky qualities are drowned in a sea of s**t.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
DRTJR said:
If it's broken into Nintendo Land, the Peoples republic of Sony and the Kingdom of Microsoft then Fan boy wars will be in the entrance area. I pray it's in Florida in the Orlando area then because there is abundant land as well as it cheaper than in California and We're Getting Lego land.

The Spirit temple should be in their It kicked so much ass
Lol I could see it now.

Nintendo Land would be a mix of Zelda and Mario, with the Zelda Castle in the center. Microsoft Land would be a huge Halo battlefield. Sony land would be a mix of something out of Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter. And in the center of it all would be a huge Citadel. The security would be dressed as Combine.

Pyroco101

Oct 28, 2009
sounds to me like those world simulators from Star Trek, I had no idea that they have that tech.

also, I'm thinkin full body shock suits that'll zap you if you get shot and make you fall down when you "die"

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
Aw I thought this was gonna be about a theme park with game based rides (which would rule) but instead its retarded. Oh well I can still dream...

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
It sounds like LARPing, but without the costumes, and everyone will just treat it like a theme park anyway. That is, if they show up at all.

arc1991 said:
EDIT: Ooh and welcome to the Escapist my good friend, you are henceforth known as an Escapian =)
*Ahem* Escapist, not Escapian.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Awesome, and they should make a rule where you'd have to come in dressed as a video game character, OR There's an awesome COSTUME SHOP!!!!!

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
The base pitch sounds intriguing enough, I could see a group of friends and I entering one of their "dungeons" to fight X monster. Could be fun if they add some puzzle solving to the mix. I'll have to follow this and see how it develops over the coming years.

-EDIT-
Their website says they'll be choosing the location in 12 months not 12 weeks, thought the OP might want to know that and change it.