Videogame Theme Park On Its Way

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Their little self description made me want to gag.

I want to ride bumper consoles. Console wars boiled down to giant rideable console cars that you ram into eachother with.

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
I'm not sure they got the right target demographics. Us gamers, we're lazy fucks, right? I know I don't want to get out of bed to pay some dude to play videogames, when I can do it without getting up.

(Actually, it sounded pretty cool.)

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Oh boy. This sounds like the escapist dream of a socially awkward fat kid plays video games to escape the bullies, in other words a bad stereotype. That park pitch makes me cringe with just how stupid it sounds and how ridiculous the concept plays out in my mind. I sure hope they have something better planned out then just a direct translation of an MMORPG into a sad real life... thing.

Aside from that, I think a "game" park that is not backed by any particular group will inevitable try to capture games without any of the marketed characters which is a bit like try to write a story without using any characters. It sounds like its going to a bit of a soulless beast but I can see how they might capture the spirit without the specific content.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Ooooh, i hope there will be a "Wack-a-boll" in there, so that Uwe Boll might actually bring some entertainment to people :)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I doubt it'll be build in Europe, so I'll probably never see it.

halo3rulzer said:
The security would be dressed as Combine.
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!! How awesome would that be?

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
I must admit Im very excited by the thought of such a park existing. Now I must only hope that A) its somewhat close to me and B) that it'll be endorsed by big name game companies so we can see rides, attractions, food and games based on/inspired by both classics games and modern hits

Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: I wonder if they'll show Video game movies there?
I think they'll only be doing that if they have a halloween horror theme at the park during the month of October. Seeing how most game to film adapts are either horrifingly bad or directed by Uwe Bolle

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
While reading that all i could think of is Theme Park World.
Sounds promising, i hope the UK gets a deal of this goodness!

MrPop

May 14, 2009
danpascooch said:
From the excerpt, it sounds like you all end up shooting each other in a horrible slaughter, or it's just really good laser tag.

neither sounds that appealing.
I thought that exactly when I read it. It sounds a lot like it could be a glorified version of laser-quest. That already has a point system so it could unlock attachments/upgrades to you laser rifle as you get kills.

That wouldn't be too hard to make either.

KP Shadow

Jul 7, 2009
You guys DO realize that there's already a video game theme park over in japan right? that Pokémon theme park (basically, it's generic theme park rides with Pokémon backdrops, such as a Rollercoaster shaped like Rayquaza, a train ride set around the volcano from RSE (the one near the Fire gym, not he one near the Safari Zone), etc.)

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
I'm intrigued, but I'm not getting my hopes up. This could easily suck, but it does have the potential to be awesome.