Videogames “Now More Important Than Ever”, New Study Says

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
The direct violence link being debunked is nothing new. But socialization and other perks...

I have a feeling some of these researchers gamed pretty hard for this past year, due to lockdowns.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Psychology studies are usually pretty flake-y and most can't be recreated and yield the same results, thus meta-analysis of those flawed studies are equally junk. We want to think we know how the brain works but we actually know very little. I'm not trying to say video games bad or anything but there will be another study that says they're bad, then another one that says they're good and so on and so on. It's messed up that people kept kids at home during the summer and whatnot because doing stuff outside was perfectly safe for kids and everyone else.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Wow, next you're gonna give me a study that water is good for hydration.

Whoda thunk it.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Wow, next you're gonna give me a study that water is good for hydration.

Whoda thunk it.
I tried to find a skit with Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart from the Daily Show, about exactly that thing. But my search fu is failing me.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Are we sure they're not offspring of the evil witch of the west or something? Maybe cursed mudkins?
No, considering I did something similar at an old job of mine, where I asked some traditionally rednecky guys if they are Homosapians, and they all reflexively freaked out when I got as far as "homo" and just stopped listening. And responded like "hell no! I ain't no ******!" Doesn't surprise me at all that the average american has no concept of the scientific terms for common things.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No, considering I did something similar at an old job of mine, where I asked some traditionally rednecky guys if they are Homosapians, and they all reflexively freaked out when I got as far as "homo" and just stopped listening. And responded like "hell no! I ain't no ******!" Doesn't surprise me at all that the average american has no concept of the scientific terms for common things.
Jesus christ, even the idiots in my high school knew what homosapien was. They must have been really dumb motherfuckers.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Where was this conducted?

The stereotypical reasoning would be somewhere in the south, which is unfortunate.
In Alabama, the state I live in. The state gets a lot of bad flack, with people thinking everyone lives in trailers, have never seen indoor plumbing, and all fuck their sisters, but a lot of it's bad rep is pretty accurate sadly We have a few pockets of mordernity and normalcy, usually in the bigger cities that aren't so backwoods. But, yeah they're are some really fucking trashy redneck fuckwads, who disdain intelligence, learning, and anything outside of their little bubble of racist, religious upbringing. More of them than I care to admit frankly.