Videogames which you can't buy from well-known sites

WongKy

Nov 7, 2012
Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance is not available on Steam for me. For what i gathered through the power of the internet is that the publisher had a dispute or something like that with someone in the SEA region and they decided not to publish it on steam for the SEA region.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Supernova1138 said:
Zipa said:
Any of the Star Trek licensed games from Activision such as Elite force or Armada. They keep an extremely tight leash on them.
The TNG era Star Trek games are probably going to be in permanent limbo due to Activision's rather acrimonious departure from the license. (calling out Paramount/Viacom publicly for ruining the franchise with Enterprise and Star Trek Nemesis) TOS Era games were largely made by Interplay, and they went tits up quite sometime ago so I don't know who exactly owns those these days.

At this point, I doubt Activision and CBS/Paramount care enough to try to hammer out any sort of deal to re-release the old Star Trek tie in games, especially with the prime continuity effectively dead outside of Star Trek Online and the tie-in novels.
Huh I never knew they did that, I guess that would explain it. Activision do have a point though, Nemesis and most of Berman/Braga ENT was utter shit. As for the Interplay games Id imagine they are considered abandonware at this point as its been so long. Stranger things have happened though, GOG might still get CBS/Paramount to at least get digital versions out there that work on modern OS's. Heck Elite force still runs off the original CD version (I have it and have gotten it working) on Windows 7/8 thanks to the quake engine.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Another one recent one:

The Depths Of Tolagal

http://the-depths-of-tolagal.com/

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Z of the Na said:

I feel like this game along with it's expansion and sequel, should be available for purchase on Steam or otherwise. Not once (save for eBay) have I seen this game available for purchase since they stopped producing retail copies.

A shame too, as it's a really fun game and I miss it greatly.
Lionhead seems averse to money, they haven't released any of their pre-Fable TLC games on digital distribution hubs. I seem to recall The Movies being a pretty big seller at the time and I really enjoyed it but it's only available retail.

Speaking of Fable, ever since pulling Fable III from Steam you can't buy it anywhere... this may have more to do with the GFWL integration though.