Vin Diesel's Dream Game Is an MMO

Jul 9, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Hankage said:
An MMO, you say? Gee, that's about as unimaginative as every movie he's been in.
I dunno, I'm kind of impressed by his choice of setting. Dude is obviously a history buff.
Yeah. I didn't see that coming.
pyromcr said:
is it just me, or is it that everyone has a game now???
Not like this is his first. Ever heard of Escape From Butcher Bay?

BIGpanda

Jan 13, 2009
his games don't suck, his acting in XXX was fun as well as simple. I actually support Diesel on his MMO Idea.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Archon said:
And Vin rocks for being the first D&D nerd to become an action star, but stay true to his nerd roots. They should name a class after him in D&D 4.0.
Diesel Mage?

Anyway.

I think this could work. I mean, make the combat more focused on actual skill than t3h phat lootz and level. I mean, it'd still help, but it wouldn't do more than increase your health perhaps.

And make there be one server with over ten bazillion players on it fighting constantly for control of cities.

Planetside: The Prologue?

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Vin seems to be a decent action star to me, the man has gravitas and presence. Sure he lacks a certain... dramatic range but thats over-rated, quite frankly.

But Hannibal man? Hannibal? Sounds a little too tightly focus'd, why not just set it in the old world and have Rome and the Carthaginian Empire (read, Alliance and The Horde!) at war.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
You gotta hand it to Vin - he knows his history. For all his tough-guy movies, he's a huge nerd. Good for him.

Also, Punic Wars MMO? I'm intrigued...

SinisterDeath

Nov 6, 2006
On the one hand, I just knowt his is going to fail miserably... (I mean.... Babylon A.D?! how do you recover from... that?)
On the other hand, I hope he does kick the game off to a success.
And if he does, hopefully they don't use the boring auto-attack system in so many mmos these days. ;)

LANCE420

Dec 23, 2008
I think as long as the story remains based in a reasonable amount of reality, offers good gameplay with a excellent PvP system like WOW, and some actual military strategy; it could actually succeed.

Of course, maybe my hopes are coming from a dream scape where mmos actually have a good storyline and entertaining game play.

On the other hand, Futurama is coming back so maybe there is hope for anything.

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
It will be interesting to see how close to 'reality' they keep this. I will be impressed if it is just swords and not swords and sorcery, and doubly impressed if they keep it interesting doing that.

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
This sounds like a really good idea, hopefully Vin Diesel's voice will narrate everything you do in the game to make it sound much more badass

amazinglettera

Bandersnatch
Jan 25, 2009
Deyamn, yo! That horse is chamber-pot racin'! I hope-a-dope my collection of well acquired prostitutes don't get shot up by the the south side Slinger's!!! Word! Left Side Fo'Eva!!!111!

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Not surprised that he picked MMO knowing that he's a D&D nerd like meh. I back him 100%, that and somthing based in 200 BC, it sounds pretty damn interesting.
Archon said:
They should name a class after him in D&D 4.0.
I was working on creating a custom class based on him as Riddick, I should probably pick up on that project.

The_Healer

Jun 17, 2009
I'm genuinely impressed, I didn't realise that he was.... smart.
There goes that prejudicial judgment.

KaiusCormere

Mar 19, 2009
Personally, I think he's a pretty cool guy who may not be the "best" actor, but actually i liked the much-reviled Chronicles of Riddick because, personally to me, the setting trumps the plot - and the universe he was creating in that had an appeal to me. Butcher Bay was a great game, I've heard good things about Dark Athena as well and may try it if I can be bothered to buy a current gen console.

So this MMO could be cool. I'm not sure how it would work, but I would be interested to hear more as it comes along.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
Epic win. Vin Diesel may not be the greatest actor, but he is one cool person.
I hope this is a viable option for when I get bored of LOTRO.
Oh wait... forgot. That's impossible.
Ok. So hopefully by then I'll be rich enough to afford two MMO's.
Also yeah, it does come as a bit of a surprise that he's...intelligent. I think this is nice. We need more smart buff dudes, instead of the stupid kind.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Theo Samaritan said:
People have to bare in mind that the games he is involved with are actually pretty good, and hell I'd call Escape from Butcher Bay the best tie in game I'd ever played.

This guy gets a lot of flack from critics and co but he really is a smart bastard.
Wheelman sucked though. It was one of the few games I just could NOT get into.

OT:
I'm glad he's making a histroy MMO, sounds fun.