Virtual Voyeur Outs Himself on Star Trek Online Forum

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
I don't understand why anyone even wrote an article about this >_>. Personally I can only imagine this being something that the relevant community might care about not something the entire gaming community should take notice to... seems more gossipy then important.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
This is hilarious. Simply hilarious. I love it.

Anyone who has issues with someone looking at their character naked (where they don't have to see the same) needs some sense knocked into them. Seriously, I'd be flattered if I knew people were picturing me naked in real life. Mostly I'm just happy playing a game however it makes me happy.

Two-A

Aug 1, 2012
frizzlebyte said:
My first response to this is: who cares? I mean, its not like he's actually looking at the real me , right?

This reeks of slow-newsday-itis.
I think it depends on how robust the costumization system is. There are people who like to make a character that looks like them as much as possible. I wouldn't like people seeing my avatar's naked body if my avatar looks like me.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Plus, many of the hot naked in-game babes you're ogling are actually being played by men.

Big, fat, greasy, sweaty, filthy, stinking, balding, wrinkly, old men with huge, sweaty, hairy balls and long thick, smegma-dripping, filth-crusted, rock-hard cocksOoooooooooh YEAAAAAAAAH!!!! UNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

What?

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
slow news day eh Grey?

not the most news worthy thing i've seen on this site, didn't some really old famous person die or something? a person with talent in a different field passing is more news worthy then 'a star trek dose something no one will care about'

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
MMOs = Serious business

I find it hard to sympathize. If you're THAT connected to your character, that you're actually offended by this, then you have bigger problems than the fact that someone out there is using a nude mod.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
loukasmaki said:
frizzlebyte said:
My first response to this is: who cares? I mean, its not like he's actually looking at the real me , right?

This reeks of slow-newsday-itis.

Fr said:
anc[is]Sorry, I don't project myself that thoroughly onto my online characters. He can do whatever the hell he wants to his game.

I fully agree with this. Though if someone can make a serious case for why this in any way shape or form matters I'd be very interested in hearing those arguments.
Well, it makes things a bit more awkward for me, considering that in MMOs I like to play dress-up with the most adorable avatars I can get...
I don't really project myself onto them, but I tend to think of them more as a beloved childhood toy, and it winds up feeling like someone's snatching away dolls or action figures and staring at them with their clothes off without my knowing.
And then there's the fact that, even though I'm not projecting myself onto the characters, other people are prolly using my avatar as a representative of my personality and...

Well, it is client-side; you can do what you want with it as long as you're not cheating or whatever, but I reserve the right to find MMO nude patches mildly disconcerting.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Well this is... well, isn't this always happening? Who cares? Let the pervert enjoy the show, not like he's hurting anyone with it, as god said, let all men fap... Or was that someone else...

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Eh, whatever. It's his copy of the game. He can fuck around with the textures if he wants.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
The Random One said:
It's sexual harassment, Jim, but not as we know it.
Aaaaand now we owe you a few internets. Well played.

OT: The outrage from some people is somewhat illogical.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
NuclearShadow said:
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I don't mind such nudity content added by a mod for games. This allows only people who want it to have it which is fine. Not my thing but everyone has their own personal tastes.

On the other hand this isn't a single player game. This is sexualizing other players who do not wish to be seen in such a manner. A mindless NPC is one thing but a real living person that is represented through their avatar. That is not okay with me.
You don't need a mod to sexualize someone else's character. You can't control how other people choose to perceive you.