Vita Update Ties Memory Cards to PSN Accounts

TheMadJack

Apr 6, 2010
Crono1973 said:
TheMadJack said:
Another reason to add to the list of "Why I don't buy SONY stuff."
Do you buy Nintendo stuff because their DD scheme is the worst one out there.
I don't buy console or portable stuff period. Whoever makes it, I don't want it. There's always a catch, somewhere.

SachielOne

Former Escapecraft Op
Aug 10, 2009
There is a list of known Vita-compatible PS1 titles in this thread at CheapAss Gamer:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316058

Note that many of the titles (as in all but 9) currently have to be transferred from a PS3 to the Vita.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
sigh... it's almost like Sony doesn't realize that anti consumer practices are going to make people angry.
It seems almost every update to their products has something to piss someone off.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
nikki191 said:
considering i havent bought a sony product since the ps2 im hoping you will get many hours of pleasure from those and please dont blame me for the list if it doesnt work out :D
To be honest, I've seen the list before on a certain other site that people here tend to overreact to, so I want say it out loud. I just felt the need to comment on the list here after seeing your post.

The Vita is a very good piece of hardware that gets a bad rap because of how badly the western release and months post-release have been handled. I have already gotten many hundreds of hours out of my Vita but that's mostly because I'm one of the people lucky enough to have learned Japanese and that JPN Vita store is literally booming with software.

I'm looking forward to nostalgia'ing all over the place when I get my hands on a copy of Gex: 3D again. I still have my original PSX and all the games in that list AND they all still work. I just want to be able to play Crash Bandicoot and Gex on the go. It's too bad that CTR probably won't support multiplayer but I spent many hours of my youth getting all the platinum relics in that game.

Dr.Susse said:
I'm not saying people are trying to hate on it unnecessarily but I haven't seen a lot of support on many sites for the Vita and with every news story that pops up most comments I see are either "Sony is a money grubbing, horrible company" or "This is why I don't want the Vita!" These are over the top examples but when you read them all it's the feeling you get.

A large amount of complaints seem to be people winging about how what is being offered not being ideal. Thinking that they have been wronged for not getting everything that they feel they should get. "You're giving me a chunk of old games? I want access to everything then!"

My opinion doesn't really matter though; I'm just another idiot with an computer; and anyway people don't like hearing criticism about themselves. But if all news stories like this do is make you annoyed enough to complain, then just ignore them. Think "Oh, another Vita story....what's the next article?...". There's no worries then.
It seems to always be the same people too. I'm starting to believe it's just your typical "I can't buy it so I'll complain about every little thing to convince myself I didn't want one in the first place" syndrome.
I also love your avatar. Just wanted to add that in there too.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm stumped here, it's not selling super well so they're removing functionality and reasons to buy this thing...

This really seems like a stupid idea.

ivc392

Aug 26, 2010
Oh, so now I know im not going to get one. Thanks Sony, thats $300 more for my weekly intoxication budget.

I know what, screw Vita and 3DS. Ill be rocking Jhoto on my GB Advance for the time being.

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
Squilookle said:
The sooner Sony bows out of the handheld market completely, the better off everyone in the world will be.
That's a calm and reasonable response.

How considerate of you.

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
I'm not really understanding the hate in this thread. As someone who shares a Vita with her husband, this feature will make using the handheld much more convenient for us. Right now, we're both playing on my PSN profile, because switching profiles by restoring the system is way too inconvenient. I'll gladly buy a $20 memory card so that we can enjoy Vita games on our own profiles.

I do agree that not having an easy way to use multiple PSN profiles on the Vita was the handheld's biggest problem from the start, and the memory cards are overpriced, but I still love the hardware and have no problem buying another memory card to get more out of it.

Toilet

Feb 22, 2012
I will buy a Vita when custom firmware is available for it, until then I will be rocking with my PSP and hundreds of games from the PSP, GBA, GBC, PS1 libraries as well as a few Rougelikes and Doom.

I love the internet.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I like how they don't mention these things as if they won't be discovered in all of five seconds. I mean they are familiar with the internet, aren't they?

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Wow it's like Sony are going out of their way to make people not buy the Vita. Seriously, how are they this clueless?

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Ugh... y'know, as a piece of hardware, I like the Vita. It's got a great screen, it feels right to hold, the touch screen works feel- I enjoy using it.

Trick is, there's almost no software to use it with. Now you're telling me it's going to be harder to share, too? It's sad. I'm dating an utter Sony fanboy, and even he can't justify buying a Vita- now I can't even lend him mine to try and convince him. (Well, I could, but he cares enough about trophies that he won't want to play on my account.)

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
Ok... wait. So i was off offhandedly thinking of getting a vita at some point because i liked the PSP but i never really researched it much.

While reading this thread something jumped out at me that i need clarifying , You need a PS3, the overpriced garbage heap of the gaming world, in order to actually use my VITA, a console i already would be paying 300 bucks for?

Sarah LeBoeuf said:
I'm not really understanding the hate in this thread. As someone who shares a Vita with her husband, this feature will make using the handheld much more convenient for us. Right now, we're both playing on my PSN profile, because switching profiles by restoring the system is way too inconvenient. I'll gladly buy a $20 memory card so that we can enjoy Vita games on our own profiles.
Wait... if you are married, share a single VITA and don't plan on divorcing him, why do you need separate accounts? Is there something about the VITA that makes sharing an account unfeasible?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DustlessDragoon said:
It's things like this that are stopping the Vita from selling well, Sony are just digging their own grave at this point.
I'm betting this is about the bottom of any list of reasons.

K84 said:
Ownoes, silly Sony doing the same thing Apple does with their accounts, but b*tching about it because it's Sony and the Vita.
So...Two wrongs make a right? Because I think both are pretty stupid.

Although, there's a certain amount of stupidity in doing it when you're at the bottom of the market rather than the top.

ScruffyMcBalls said:
Well other than Persona 4 Golden, there wasn't really anything enticing me to buy one of these before, but I have no fucking incentive to even consider it now. It still galls me that $19.99 for 4GB of data seems acceptable to someone out there, when Amazon sells 32GB cards for £10.
I still maintain Sony is a great company, but their handhelds just stink, they stink worse than Nintendo's, and that's saying something.
It's not so much that their handhelds are awful in themselves, but that they make great hardware and then ask "how can we fuck this up?"

shadowstriker86 said:
people are still buying/using the vitamin? honestly thats what surprised me the most. seriously if people wanna play ps1 games on a portable system so bad, just buy an old psp and mod it, it aint that hard. or get a pandora
Pandora? Did they ever actually fix their supply problems? Last I knew they had changed manufacturing sites and delayed their product further, still unable to even fulfill their pre-orders at a price higher than initially promised.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
You people are over reacting. It's not as bad you make it out to be.
I really don't get all this Vita hate.

Pinka

Nov 15, 2009
This is the most retarded thing ever.. Its like Sony NEVER ever learns, the other day i was trying to watch a stolen movie on my playstation and 30 min in it came up with some message preventing me from watching, i have felt wierd to my ps since.
never gonna buy another sony product again and t i canwait to see them fail so that maby other companys will learn and not be that stupid or greedy, and that its not the way!
I can understand how its really annoying to own so much content and have it taken, but i really wish that the future will more opensource.

If i made a masterpiece movie or game i would just be glad and proud that people would play it or pay for it!

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Shinsei-J said:
You people are over reacting. It's not as bad you make it out to be.
I really don't get all this Vita hate.
You don't have to agree with it, but to not even understand it is just pure ignorance.