Voice of Duke Nukem Indicates Forever Won't Go Away

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
It is my dearest dream that someone will release a virus that's sole purpose is to eliminate the words "Duke Nukem Forever" from every computer everywhere.

ZeroWarrior

Aug 15, 2008
Jon St John is a pretty cool guy. Partied with him in my hotel room I had at MAGFest, he hopped around the retreat building where a bunch of parties were.

roflchopter

Jan 26, 2009
what the hell is duke nookem. why is the majority of this site creaming their pants over it?

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
I can't tell if the whole ordeal is some insane publicity stunt. I'd find it rather funny if it got released unannounced, leaving dedicated fans in a rabid hunt when someone finds out.
I disagree, i think it would be funny if it was realeased and had the exact same graphics as ten years ago.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
I would totally buy that game even if every review on the planet says that it is bad because bad is mostly subjective.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Just to show how much I don't care about this non-existent game, I'm going to say, "Are those people next to the Auction place naked girls? In that one picture there."

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I've never even played a Duke Nukem game before, but I still think it's going to come out some day. Reguardless of whether it sucks or rules, is ligitimate or fanmade, all demeand must eventually met with some form of supply.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
For the LOVE of THOTH, will they just give up already!? It's dead! It's BEEN dead! It's continuing to be dead! At this point Duke Nukem Forever can't be anything more than disappointing even if it IS released. We've had the likes of Half-Life 2, already, what makes them think THIS is going to even be a significant achievement compared with that?

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
The DSM said:
God, if he sounds like Duke that all the time, id steal that voice.

Its THAT badass.
I wouldn't steal it, cause I like mine, but damn, it is a good voice.

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
Oh god, it's like watching an elderly terminal patient trying to get up out of bed. But he just can't, and every time he tries it breaks your heart.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
The moment I find out who's publishing and developing this, I'm going to throw a brick through their windows... WHO'S WITH ME???

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Riiiiight. And Jon St. John would have the inside scoop on this because...?

Y'know, even if 3D Realms hadn't spent the last decade one-upping the late, semi-lamented Ion Storm in terms of sheer development inertia, the last game 3D Realms put out on their own was Shadow Warrior. Anyone remember Shadow Warrior? The game that forced you to listen to the imbecile of a main character make the same "Oh damn, I'm running into walls now" quip five million times just to search for secret passages? The game that made it harder to climb a ladder than to slaughter a small army with your bare hands? The game that thought bunnies humping and anime girls straining on the toilet were hysterical?

If it came out tomorrow, if every in-game pinball machine, pool table, and ATM was a fully-developed game, if it heralded an engine that put Unreal Tech to shame, if every copy came with a free, real-live stripper... I would still wait until it came to Steam for $5.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Cool, guess its something to not really look out for and just appear out of nowhere.