Volition Asks Saints Row Fans to Prove Fart-In-A-Jar Desire

CatsAttackAgain

Jul 14, 2010
cursedseishi said:
Actually Manswers proved you can indeed do it.

Also, the longer its stored, the more potent it becomes.

Also, I think the captchas are going insane, its asking me to spell Fhatgn
Captch asked me to spell Nerdjizz.
I feel violated :'(

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Even in Saints Row, would it really feel right carrying around an arsenal of farts... in jars? It's a silly item, but how one actually gets a fart into a jar is beyond me. If Volition were to put the weapon in the game, I think it'd have to also create an entire fart-in-a-jar factory and side mission to explain the truth behind it.
I was thinking that too: if they really include this they will have to eventually inroduce us to the big fat guy in the abandoned hot dog factory that makes the jarred farts.

Will we be able to buy cans of whoopass too?

I don't really like the idea myself, it's a little less Venture Bros cartoony and more Itchy & Scratchy cartoony. I wont exactly be outraged if they decide to include it but I'm not going to tweet it either... not that I tweet anyway.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
A fart in a jar granade? That is both the most retarded thing I have ever heard in my live, and the most awesome fictional device ever concived. If this doesn't make it into Saints 3 then I'm going to be pissed.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
After reading how they have a dildo bat, a far-in-a-jar sounds rather tame.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
soren7550 said:
After reading how they have a dildo bat, a far-in-a-jar sounds rather tame.
Bat as in baseball or as in the small flying mammal? Because the latter would be awesome.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I found myself thinking that if this game came from EA, their marketing department would ask people to show their support for the idea by sending actual farts-in-jars...

As for THQ, meh. This isn't exactly where I'd like them to spend their time. (A bug-free version of SR3 for PC would be nice, though, pretty please...)

Paulrus_Keaton

Apr 23, 2009
I really don't care. It sounds really silly, but this is also the series that lets you summon dead supporting characters as homies. Whatever they wanna do, as long as I get to play Saints Row 3.

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
Saints Row 3 has been confirmed to have sky diving gun fights, outfits ranging from pirate costumes, space suits, and 8 variations of Furries, a gigantic purple dildo you can use to bludgeon dudes, specific nut shot animations for all weapons, a gun toting and sword wielding actor who believes he is a vampire hunter who will assist you in combat, and one of the gangs you have to over throw are a gang of psychotic luchadors.

With that in mind, how is a fart in a jar anymore bat shit crazy?

Yes, it ultimately sounds useless, but that's the point isn't it? You can find tons of games out there that have you playing as some generic dude throwing generic grenades at some generic badies. But how many games have you played that have you playing as a dude wearing a gorilla suit chucking jars of farts at luchadors?

Fun doesn't need a point.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Callate said:
As for THQ, meh. This isn't exactly where I'd like them to spend their time. (A bug-free version of SR3 for PC would be nice, though, pretty please...)
SR2 was ported by a third party.

THQ evidently heard the massive mountain of complaints, since they're doing the PC version in-house now.

Schmittler

Aug 4, 2010
I would rather have competitive multiplayer. The campaign was great in SR2, but the MP in SR1, particularly Blinged Out Ride, was phenomenal, and why I bought the 2nd game.

Blinged Out Ride. Please for the love of all that is holy bring it back.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Sebenko said:
Callate said:
SR2 was ported by a third party.

THQ evidently heard the massive mountain of complaints, since they're doing the PC version in-house now.
Good to know. Thanks.

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
Schmittler said:
I would rather have competitive multiplayer. The campaign was great in SR2, but the MP in SR1, particularly Blinged Out Ride, was phenomenal, and why I bought the 2nd game.

Blinged Out Ride. Please for the love of all that is holy bring it back.
Sorry to break it to you, but PvP multiplayer has been scrapped from development. Co-op will still be there, but... yeah.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Fart weapon, huh? Never heard of that before [http://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/3/32/SouthParkTheGame.jpg].

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
humm, saints row?..... fart in a jar?... toilet humour?....
this is no where near over the top enough!!!

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
Doctor What said:
Personally, I think this would become like the stun gun from the second game to me. Never used once.
Clearly you never trolled your friends on co-op by stunlocking them on the ground for 15 minutes straight :p.