Voltron Movie Concept Art Beats Transformers By a Mile

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
It will beat Transformers designs if they don't do the one thing that fucked up the Transformers designs and that is aim for realism on the designs. Robert Orci told me in a chat once that the reason they designed the robots like they did was because they couldn't cross their arms across their chests. When I asked why they needed to do that he said they had a scene in mind where Megatron does that.

The scene was never done.

So because they had one little 2 second clip in mind we didn't get the iconic looks of the robots and (in my opinion) the movie suffered because inmstead of each character looking different and having a personality they all looked like bugs.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
Though I'm not a fan, Michael Bay had access to boatloads of money, so I don't know if it's going to be possible to out-tech him. These shots above are art - when they get realized in movie CG format I'm betting they're either the same as Transformers or different [for the sake of being different] in an inferior way.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Please Nostalgia... don't let anybody down, they were already crushed by Transformers... and Voltron actually has an edge over it, having humans around actually makes some sense.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Necromancer1991 said:
If you told me that Micheal Bay was directing it I would go crawl into a corner and cry. But I looks great, can't wait.
I'd think we'd all cry, mate. We'd all cry.

OT: Looks pretty decent, actually. Intend to stay in tune on this one..

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
Does he have...a robot dog...for an arm. Even though I never was really bothered about Voltron this looks pretty awesome.

crazyfoxdemon

Oct 2, 2009
Am I the only one who's disappointed that it's going to take place on Earth? Instead of an alien planet like in the cartoon?

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
I fully expect hollywood to fuck up everything they possibly can with this but eh with Transformers, Dragonball and Speed Racer being the bar of standard to overcome its not like it could be worse than those... maybe.

Wonder what happened to the Ghost in the Shell movie Spielberg is supposedly working on, or Camerons take on Battle Angel Alita for that matter. Come to think of it I'm sure their was a Robotech movie being made too.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Dont hype yourselves up, its going to bomb and suck, and heres why: Its being made by Hollywood. That alone should worry many of you, as what has Hollywood ever done right with videogames, anime, comics, and such? The only reason most of the Marvel movies turned out good was because they were headed by part of Marvel, and were able to prevent the perversion of their characters.

SpaceMedarotterX said:
I'm sorry NO!

-snip
Like he said, the design is all wrong, but to me, thats unimportant, cause while most of us can pick out the weaknesses, the badguys are complete fuckwads. Im predicting that their uniforms are going to be designed so as to make it acceptable for the female teammember to appear almost completely naked, something like the new green lantern design. And that just the most obvious, I could go on but I would rather not think about it... this was my childhood thats being destroyed here...

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
Shoulda been the megazord ...

Anyway It looks sweet, and I'm glad they didn't pull the Bay crap of trying to realistically justify giant robots. They're impractical and fantastical by nature. With the exception of the EVAs and early Gundams. Hopefully we'll see a trend In movies of super robots.

... which makes me pray to god we see a Megas XLR flick, I dig giant robots.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
It looks a bit spikey, Voltron had this knight in armor look to it. A bit more solid, still, those designs, especially for the Lions look kick ass.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
No... NO! I can't unsee it!

Orange and teal.
Orange and teal.
Orange and fucking teal. [http://www.cracked.com/article_18664_5-annoying-trends-that-make-every-movie-look-same.html]