Voltron Movie Concept Art Beats Transformers By a Mile

Energylegzz

May 13, 2009
2xDouble said:
HeySeansOnline said:
Shoulda been the megazord ...

Anyway It looks sweet, and I'm glad they didn't pull the Bay crap of trying to realistically justify giant robots. They're impractical and fantastical by nature. With the exception of the EVAs and early Gundams. Hopefully we'll see a trend In movies of super robots.

... which makes me pray to god we see a Megas XLR flick, I dig giant robots.
Megazo...! ugh *facepalm*

Voltron is the original "Megazord"; before there even was a "Power Rangers" (who already have at least 2 shitty movies, tyvm. they don't need another).

OT: Looks like it could be good, but the destruction of "Transformers" has me (and apparently a number of Escapists) skeptical.

But... New York? hasn't that city been through enough? If you MUST move an outer space-/alien world-based giant robot here to Earth... why not destroy Tokyo (no they've been through enough too, damn you Godzilla!), Toronto, London, Sydney... Surely there are other equally iconic Earth cities to blow up with giant robots battling titanic space aliens?
Wait wait wait are you telling me THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW80K11nfn4&feature=related is bad?! It has sky diving and 90's clothing! Not to mention an exploding title!

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
SpaceMedarotterX said:
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
So they're basically the Power Rangers, but more focused on the mechs?
No. You know TVtropes exist you can just punch somethings name into it and get your info.

Like Xabungle or Dancouga
Well, the method of production is excactly the same as Power Rangers.
Both are based on edited footage from Japanese shows, mixed with a few original scenes and a new story.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Staskala said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
So they're basically the Power Rangers, but more focused on the mechs?
No. You know TVtropes exist you can just punch somethings name into it and get your info.

Like Xabungle or Dancouga
Well, the method of production is excactly the same as Power Rangers.
Both are based on edited footage from Japanese shows, mixed with a few original scenes and a new story.
Except he wasn't asking how they were made, he was asking what the plot was about. so telling him that it was another product of the Carl Mackek school of stupidity which rides solely on its nostalgia wouldn't have done him any fragging good

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
All fine and dandy but this is concept art, nothing more. The way from concept art to final product is like playing a Grapevine game, or whatever you call it these days. All the limitations that come further down the line of producing usually make end product look nothing like the concept art. Much easier to draw fancy stuff than recreate it in live/3d environment.