Volume To Bring Stealth Action To PS4, Vita And PC in August

Conrad Zimmerman

New member
Dec 24, 2013
588
0
0
Volume To Bring Stealth Action To PS4, Vita And PC in August

"Be heard."

Mike Bithell's sophomore effort as an independent developer, Volume, is in the polishing stages and a new trailer has been released to announce the launch date of the game. It will arrive for PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC (via Steam) on August 18.

A science-fiction take on the Robin Hood legend, Volume will tell the story of a petty thief who comes into possession of a device capable of running complex heist simulations and uses it to undermine the control of a corporation which has taken over England.

Players will guide Rob Locksley through simulations, avoiding enemies and stealing objects along the way in stealth gameplay inspired by Metal Gear Solid. A level creator will be included to allow users to design their own stages and share them with others.

The game stars YouTube personality Charlie McDonnell and Danny Wallace (whose performance in Bithell's Thomas Was Alone earned him a BAFTA), with Andy Serkis taking on the role of the game's villain, Guy Gisborne.



Permalink
 

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
4,267
0
0
That music was a little too intense for what I was seeing in the video...
 

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
1,167
0
0
Of all the game previews I've seen on the escapist, this is the one that has the most information in it. This kind of solidified the reasoning that E3 is not for people who play games.

Still though, with what was presented with Volume... It looks interesting. But, I dunno. Perhaps it's simply not my cuppa tea.
 

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
1,167
0
0
martyrdrebel27 said:
No mention of Jim Sterling being in Volume? Seems pretty catty.
He's no longer a member of the Escapist, and has no affiliation with Themis Defy.

That's ooold news! Sucka! :p
 

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
8,577
2,980
118
Felt like I was watching 3D Pacman, with the guy walking through little paths, collecting floating dots, and avoiding badguys. Not terribly interested from what I saw to be honest.
 

martyrdrebel27

New member
Feb 16, 2009
1,320
0
0
BeerTent said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
No mention of Jim Sterling being in Volume? Seems pretty catty.
He's no longer a member of the Escapist, and has no affiliation with Themis Defy.

That's ooold news! Sucka! :p
uh, trust me i'm WELL aware of that fact, it was kinda my point in fact... the other youtube stars mentioned aren't a part of the escapist either. my point is that they are listing cameos and seemed to have purposely left out jim sterling.

sucka.
 

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
1,167
0
0
martyrdrebel27 said:
BeerTent said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
No mention of Jim Sterling being in Volume? Seems pretty catty.
He's no longer a member of the Escapist, and has no affiliation with Themis Defy.

That's ooold news! Sucka! :p
uh, trust me i'm WELL aware of that fact, it was kinda my point in fact... the other youtube stars mentioned aren't a part of the escapist either. my point is that they are listing cameos and seemed to have purposely left out jim sterling.

sucka.
Eeh, I just figured they mentioned those names coz the guy won an award or something. But now I'm noticing two names there.

Eeh, it happens. :p
 

martyrdrebel27

New member
Feb 16, 2009
1,320
0
0
BeerTent said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
BeerTent said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
No mention of Jim Sterling being in Volume? Seems pretty catty.
He's no longer a member of the Escapist, and has no affiliation with Themis Defy.

That's ooold news! Sucka! :p
uh, trust me i'm WELL aware of that fact, it was kinda my point in fact... the other youtube stars mentioned aren't a part of the escapist either. my point is that they are listing cameos and seemed to have purposely left out jim sterling.

sucka.
Eeh, I just figured they mentioned those names coz the guy won an award or something. But now I'm noticing two names there.

Eeh, it happens. :p
okay, i was off base apparently, i think it was an honest "mistake" and not a purposeful slight. i say this because as i type this, i'm listening to the author of the article on the Podquisition, Jim Sterling's podcast. so i find it hard to believe that there is any animosity that would make him NOT list Jim Fuckin' Sterling Son had he been aware.