Wah wahh Wahh DmC ruinned Dante forever ;w;

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
AgentLampshade said:
I'm sure someone will go over every point you made and argue with you, but right now I'm just going to post a gif of Vergil flicking his hair back.
So...He whips his hair back and forth?

>.>

I'm going to Hell for that, aren't I?

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I love all the little trolly details scattered about. Using quote marks in the place of colons or asterisks intermittently, begging for mercy while obviously trying to flame, all the lack of punctuation and spelling ("chararters" got a giggle from me), and just the length of it. Really, this is something to behold. Guys I think we should keep this troll, he's so cute and puts so much pride in his work.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
I'd support your position if'n you weren't acting trollish right off the bat and RUN ON SENTENCES OKAY; OKAY BECAUSE BAD GRAMMAR MAKES PUNCTUATION MISTAKES AND OKAY HEY THERE'S A DOG OUT THE WINDOW YOU GUYS NEED TO BE GET JERK OFF MADE BECAUSE YOU WHINING AND I NEED TO GET LUNCH.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
slypizza said:
all of you hardcore white hair prettyboy diehard fans need to be jerk off okay!
I'm not going to try and be funny and attempt to belittle you for your opinion delivery methods, in a vain attempt to make myself feel big and clever, because It appears people have already done that.
But I do have to say if you are going to start attacking a large amount of fans, you should make sure you proof read your rant.

Most people dislike the look of new Dante.
I dislike the look of new Dante.

But we understand that at his core he is the same Dante as before, some say he's better. This doesn't mean that people can't complain about the look of the character. His hair does look like a stereotypical gay man's haircut, his clothes look like a Hobo's filthy rags. Also there is something about his face which I don't like, he looks a like one of those guys who betray the protagonist, then get killed by their new evil master. Kind of like that Irving guy from Resi 5.

He just looks shit, whereas I found old Dante interesting to look at. I thought Old Dante fit the bill more, when I think Demon hunter I think flashy clothes and shiny hair to symbolise goodness or something. I don't think of a guy who looks like an ass hole who is dressed in greasy, drab, sweaty clothing.

Also New Dante doesn't look right holding Ebony and Ivory. They suited Old Dante because he was an OTT anime character, New Dante looks like a scummy prick, and I would imagine him to have two mismatching pistols rather than weapons of any taste.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Trying far too hard.

But i'll bite because it's fun.

slypizza said:
did I mention I had to play this game on easy when I made it to the first boss believe me I hate easy mode because I fill somewhat defeated but its bad when you can't get passed level freaken 1 without enemys dog piling on you and your health drops to zero before you realize it,
I just came here to tell this guy I did Devil May Cry 1 and 3 on Dante Must Die mode ... without dying.

To be fair, that wasn't the only reason....

They aren't the easiest of games until you get to grips with the combat. And no, I don't mean finding out a few moves and repeating them, I mean knowing every single action and how to pull them off. DMC 3 is the worst for it.

Which is the main reason I didn't like the new DMC game.

Far too easy. Even on Dante Must Die mode.

Style point build up is also far too easy. I didn't need to try and was never in danger of dying.

I know games like to simplify things for a wider audience but at least keep the harder modes as they were meant to be. It's called "Dante Must Die" mode, not "Dante May Break Into A Light Sweat At This Rate" mode.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
This thread was worth coming to just for the vids reminding me how much I liked DMC 1,3 and 4(at least the parts with dante, neros sections were annoying). I haven't played the new DMC yet due to having such a massive game back log that I don't buy games that aren't discounted atleast 50%.

That said, I prefer the old dante look than the way he looks in advertisements for the new game but I reserve judgement until I play the game and see how the style works in action.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Patathatapon said:
I read about... 70% of it. I don't even know what Devil may Cry IS other than what I can get from Yahtzee's reviews. I heard that they were mad because they changed the character. I'm sure it was more complicated then that, but still, I don't see what the issues is. A new company takes over a franchise and wants to start it anew, rather than try to add to what the previous owners made (Unlike Halo 4). They kept the character and (I'd assume) aspects of the plot, so what's the problem? Maybe I could hear from someone (preferably not strongly biased with or against DMCDMC) to educate me, but until then, I don't think I'll understand it.
Basically Dante was a self parody of an over the top "cool" guy that didn't care about anything and slapped demons around while throwing out witty one liners.

New Dante is an over the top "angsty" type fella that likes to throw "fuck you" around in a not so witty way.

Original Dante was half human half demon. New Dante is half demon half Angel.

Original Sparda (Dante's dad) was powerful as hell and banished all demons back to hell after kicking their arses.
New Sparda is a complete wuss that let his wife get killed and then got himself chained up.

The combat in the originals was fun and challenging while the new one is far too simple and easy.

For quite a few folk, what we found fun in the originals, isn't fun in this one.

Had it been a brand new game based on a brand new franchise I would still have the same complaints with regards to gameplay and combat.

felbot

May 11, 2011
you know its funny actually, whenever something like this comes up there is always more threads going against whatever controversy is going on then there is for them, and all of those threads pretend they're being outnumbered by the opposing side.

case and point, this thread, i cant even remember having a thread against the new dante here. sure there were a few people against it but hardly a majority, and now we have 2 threads pretending there is this horde of people spending every waking hour protesting devil may cry, its actually some what bizarre really.

TheSteeleStrap

May 7, 2008
You're always going to have people who get mad because something looks different in a REBOOT (HELLOOOOOOO) so might as well let them torture themselves over trivial BS. By the way, next time you post, you'd do very well to use punctuation here and there.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
lol

that's nice, you keep right on acting like the changes to Dante are still the only reason people are pissed, way to miss the point.

Patathatapon

Jul 30, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
Patathatapon said:
Summary: What's the problem with this new one?
Basically Dante was a self parody of an over the top "cool" guy that didn't care about anything and slapped demons around while throwing out witty one liners.

New Dante is an over the top "angsty" type fella that likes to throw "fuck you" around in a not so witty way.

Original Dante was half human half demon. New Dante is half demon half Angel.

Original Sparda (Dante's dad) was powerful as hell and banished all demons back to hell after kicking their arses.
New Sparda is a complete wuss that let his wife get killed and then got himself chained up.

The combat in the originals was fun and challenging while the new one is far too simple and easy.

For quite a few folk, what we found fun in the originals, isn't fun in this one.

Had it been a brand new game based on a brand new franchise I would still have the same complaints with regards to gameplay and combat.
Wow Amazing. Someone who can show their opinion without seeming too biased in that direction. Good job. And yes I can see the problem there, and the last part shows that it's not just because they changed him, but it's game part was also not that great either.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Patathatapon said:
Wow Amazing. Someone who can show their opinion without seeming too biased in that direction. Good job. And yes I can see the problem there, and the last part shows that it's not just because they changed him, but it's game part was also not that great either.
While I am a fan of the originals I was willing to give the new game a try. When I heard about the new changes I was doubtful but not raging mad like some folk have been.

If you can step away from comparing them to the originals the new DMC isn't all that terrible.

Yeah, compared to old Dante, the new one is vastly different both in look and attitude. It doesn't fit with the originals but in this game it fit.

The new DMC is "tolerable" story and character wise. It is different but in the setting that Ninja made it does work.

As I said, my only genuine complaint is the gameplay. I liked the harder modes in the originals and having to change the way you fight to rank up the style points. They just made it far too easy both in combat and gaining style points in this one it wasn't challenging at all in the harder modes and normal (that you need to complete to unlock the next difficulty level) was a joke.

I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't played the originals. All in all it isn't "bad".