Wal-Mart Promises NES Classic Stock Every Day This Week Until Friday

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Wal-Mart Promises NES Classic Stock Every Day This Week Until Friday

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1361/1361904.jpgWal-Mart is now promising that they will have at least some NES Classic units in stock this week.

Nintendo's new NES Classic has been facing some pretty well-publicized supply issues [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168815-NES-Classic-Edition-Sold-Out-Everywhere]. If you've been trying to buy one, you've had it rough. Odds are you haven't found one in a store or online outlet yet. But if you're vigilant, you just might be able to score the retro console on Wal-Mart's website this week.

The retail giant announced on its Gamecenter Walmart.com []. If you click that link and see a $399 price tag, don't panic. That price is from a third-party seller. Wal-Mart will offer the unit at its normal $59.96 retail price.

Wal-Mart's post says that these will only be available through Friday, so if you don't manage to grab one this week, you may have a bit of a wait ahead of you. Nintendo has promised more stock before the holidays, but if you've followed its previous console releases, you know that this isn't the first time that stock issues have plagued the company. Hopefully they can deliver enough units to fulfill all the demand before before Christmas.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Aaaaaaand they're gonna be all sold out to scalpers who buy 20 to sell online.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
RaikuFA said:
Aaaaaaand they're gonna be all sold out to scalpers who buy 20 to sell online.
Sometimes I wish I had the power to find people online just so I could make them suffer. I hate scalpers.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Well this can officially be added to Ninetndo's "Inexplicable surprise" list.

It goes right between "Official toys from our massive IP library that can have effect on games" and "pokemon available on cell phones"

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Of all the people I've sold this thing to, I'm pretty sure 90% of them are scalpers. Also, Walmart, define 'restock'; because where I work, getting one in today counted as getting restocked.

MCerberus said:
Well this can officially be added to Ninetndo's "Inexplicable surprise" list.

It goes right between "Official toys from our massive IP library that can have effect on games" and "pokemon available on cell phones"
I constantly find myself questioning whether Nintendo is willfully ignorant or not