Walking Dead: Season Two Gets Lonely with New Trailer, Screenshots

IanDavis

Blue Blaze Irregular 1st Class
Aug 18, 2012
Walking Dead: Season Two Gets Lonely with New Trailer, Screenshots

Clementine's story continues from an entirely new perspective.

[video=8348]

Telltale's The Walking Dead is one of those high water mark games that you find mentioned alongside critical classics like Bioshock and Shadows of the Colossus. We've known that Telltale's been working on a second helping of the zombie drama for a [a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128651-Telltale-Teases-Big-Walking-Dead-Season-Two-News]while now[/a], but it's finally let us peer into the future with a teaser trailer and a handful of screenshots.

It's fair to say that the young girl Clementine was the reason Season One had such an emotional gut punch. Before, you played as an adult who protected and guided her. Now, Season Two places you in her shoes as she outwits the hungry undead and the even more dangerous living, all by herself. It's a vulnerable new perspective that can explore all kinds of interesting and dark places.

Haven't played the first one? It's available on everything from your Xbox to your iPad, with an Ouya release planned for the winter. In November, Telltale will release a Game of the Year edition that will include the original five episodes, the 400 days DLC pack, a soundtrack, and behind the scenes video, which should help get you caught up.

The Walking Dead: Season Two will break out of quarantine later this year. As before, a total of five episodes will be released over the course of the season, which will conclude in 2014. The season pass is up for pre-order from Steam and Telltale for $22.49. It will be released for PC, Mac, iOS, and "home consoles", with additional platforms possible.

[gallery=1853]

Dec 14, 2009
Clem!

T^T

[HEADING=1]The feels train stops for no man![/HEADING]

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

The triple AAA industry is spending billions of dollars on these huge experiences, when little Telltale comes along and make me more excited about the The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead.

I love that.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Welp, looks like it's time to board the feels train again.

Fuck you Telltale! I love you Telltale!

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
The hype train of feels has no brakes.
Can't wait to feel like shit and enjoy it all over again.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Bah, let me be a curmudgeon and say I wish they weren't going for a story continuation. I want to see new characters and new stories like in 500 days. Lets follow those people some more. With a whole world full of people to work with i'd rather get new stories instead of one that was already done.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Alright, I have made it onto the hype train. You guys should get on it before it leaves.

There's lots of cool things they can do with a perspective like that. If I can be a bummer for a sec though, hopefully there's less save incidents this time. It's a shame so many people got turned off by such a great game because of stuff like that.

Alright, I'm done. Choo choo!

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
By herself? Damn it Christa and Omid! You had ONE job to do!
And turn off the damn autoplay.
I REALLY hope they explain that, because as much as I loved the ending that part pissed me off a bit...

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
Is that Kenny in the last screenshot?

Kind of hope so, cause, unlike most, i sort of liked that douche :D

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Did not see that coming.

I was sure that 400 days meant that they were going to start off with a brand new set of characters. This... is interesting.

Since The Wolf Among Us convinced me that Telltale didn't just strike writing gold with the first Walking Dead I'll cautiously board they hype train for now.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS1WlMW00MNQMa0TZ2pOQMGdcPvw13E8sDueil49TAfI7QepFxHg
Choo Choo Motherfuckers.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I enjoyed the juxtaposition of Lee's hopeful words with the utter hopelessness of Clem's situation. Though brief, it's a fairly powerful trailer for anyone who's completed the first game.
Time to put on my 'Overly Protective' hat and board the feels train with everyone else. I'll be there to look out for you Clem

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
She certainly looks older in the screenshots. Gonna get me another ticket for the hype train.

Although
If that is Kenny in the last screenshot like people seem to think I'm gonna be pissed. He's dead. Either way it ends up he's dead. Or undead. Whatever. Bringing him back is just that "we're too scared to change things too much so let's not be as brutal the series should be."

Or something.
But yeah excited.

ThatHybridGuy

Jun 27, 2010
Doesn't look like Kenny to me. He seems too young. He's also missing the beard.

...I think it kind of looks like Glenn. Could be wrong, though. It's just as likely to be someone from 400 Days, or a completely new character.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
hybrid616 said:

...I think it kind of looks like Glenn. Could be wrong, though. It's just as likely to be someone from 400 Days, or a completely new character.
Kenny never had a beard :D
He had a moustache.
Also look at this picture
TELL ME THEY DON'T LOOK ALIKE

ThatHybridGuy

Jun 27, 2010
stormeris said:
hybrid616 said:

Kenny never had a beard :D
He had a moustache.
Also look at this picture
TELL ME THEY DON'T LOOK ALIKE
Huh. I must have misremembered. I haven't touched TWD as a whole since I got 400 Days (and I haven't touched the main game since even longer ago).

And yeah, that does look somewhat like him, given the angle. I still maintain it looks a little too young/smooth around the chin area, though. But this is just baseless speculation until we find out more.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
I'm actually kinda worried because I don't have access to my save file from Season 1 and I'm bothered that the choices I made won't carry over... unless this game is independent from the choices in Walking Dead season 1.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
Jaeke said:
I'm actually kinda worried because I don't have access to my save file from Season 1 and I'm bothered that the choices I made won't carry over... unless this game is independent from the choices in Walking Dead season 1.
You can always replay the first one :D

I think i'll do that before doing this one.
Probably.
Maybe.
If i'll have the time.
Probably not.