Walking Dead Television Series Gets Green Light

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
Oh my gosh, I'm so exicited for this, I've been a massive fan of this series and AMC tands to create good quality shows.

According to Kirkman, the television series may not be a direct adaptation and will still hold surprises for fans.
I actually don't mind this too much, although it depends on what they mean by direct adaptation. If it means a word for word verbetim of the comic then I don't mind AMC taking a little creative freedom (maybe give us a new charater or edit some locations or eents to keep the story new and fresh, though this most likley means that they're to edit out some of the violent torture, rape and gore scenes,but that's understandable). However, if they mean starting a new story in the comics universe then I'm a little more sceptical.

Still, super excited to see this in October.

WalkingDeadFAN

Apr 3, 2010
This has been kicking around for about a month and any true TWD fan will appreciate the attention to detail and truthfulness in this scene....Just starts to whet the appetite....

heard on another message board that the actor was auditioning too!!!

Big Spoiler alert though...if you haven't read up to issue 51 be careful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS_5FV-W20g

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
oh fuck yeah! man i heard rumors about this happening but never thought the show would get the green light. finally a tv series about the zombie apocalypse and its based on The Walking Dead how can this fail?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I'm excited for this, even through I've only read the first four volumes.

And can AMC even show the amount of gore/sex/cursing/gore (I know I said gore twice. It's because there's a fuck lot of it.) that TWD has?

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
I really love this series and it's the only comic I regularily read. And I can officially say that it's the only read I've ever had that made me physically ill. I'm talking putting the comic down and breathing fresh air until the nausea passed ill. Yeah, I know. That being said, I'm still holding out hope for World War Z. Apparently it's already been optioned, but I haven't started holding my breath just yet.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Hoorah!

I haven't had the chance to read the source material, but from what i've heard from the comic books, this shouled be awsome.

Crudler

Jun 2, 2008
Oh I cannot wait for this. October cannot come soon enough.
This is going to kick some serious arse.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
If it's not in black and white, I won't cry. But my lip will go all trembly and I'll have trouble talking. I can't remember the last time I've been excited about television. I'll have to ask the wife how to work the thing now.

Syt's_Kitten

Apr 10, 2009
Do Want. Absolutely Do Want.

walking dead is my favorite comic. this is going to be awesome.

Goddess I hope it's in black and white...

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
This makes it a happy panda. I was borrowing the trades from a friend, but he moved away before he finished buying/reading them all.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Honestly I only stuck with [b/]The Walking Dead[/b] until about volume 5, but that may have more to with the fact that at the time it was either that or [b/]Preacher[/b] rather than it's over all quality. It may factor in that is fucking depressing too.

Looking forward to this as a TV show though. Have to get back into the comics.

EDIT: Personally I think since Walking Dead has no real story beyond survival hey have a lot more license to change things in order to suit the medium.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
BlindMessiah94 said:
I would hardly call it "The greatest zombie story ever told".

It is a well told story, and has a lot of rather disturbing evoking scenes in it though.
I find the story drags on a bit after vol.7 though.

I don't know how great a television adaptation will be, but I'll give it a shot.
Yeah, it's just my opinion :) Though I have seen most of the top zombie films, etc...
Oh you are entitled to it of course :D
It is up there for sure. I'm hardly a zombie fanboy though. I more or less am analyzing the story solely on it's own merit, and not as a zombie story. I think it could be better, especially lately like I mentioned as it has been getting a bit boring.
I wish Kirkman would just end the series so it could be complete rather than have it be ongoing.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I'm a huge fan of the Walking Dead series, so as soon as I saw "Walking Dead" and "Television series" in the same sentence, I squealed like a 6 year old school girl.

But then I realized that it would not even touch the awesomeness of the comic book, considering there's so much in Walking Dead that you just cannot put on TV.

viciouspen

Dec 23, 2007
awesome.

if only they would have made Zombieland into a series originally, or wake up and have done it now.