Walking Dead TV Series Trailer Comes To Life

Negativ Solution

Jun 26, 2008
Well I've been excited for this a while now and seeing that it has Lennie James in is the icing on the cake, wonder how long the UK will have to wait for this! Region 1 dvd I reckon.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
I'm excited! I love most zombie stuff, so getting the chance to see a zombie story spread across a whole series will be nice. I only read the first book of the comic though... I think it included several actual issues. I liked it, for the most part.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
They appear to be the slow lumbering zombie sort. Zombie CLASSIC! :D Love it! Shame I don't have cable, or I'd have me a new show to watch.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Im not only one who thinks hospital section was just part of 28 Days later re-modified?

Although, looks like an intresting series...Hope I cn catch it

Varewulf

Nosgoth Fanboy
Oct 22, 2009
Looks like it's following the comic so far. And if it were me in the tank... I'd start it up and drive. Though I actually have training for that...

SenseOfTumour said:
Having read the comics, would people agree that the zombies aren't really the most important thing about the Walking Dead?

To me, it's a tale of a group of different people forced together by a difficult circumstance, and it's about the people. I guess I'm trying to say, don't expect a typical zombie movie split over six hour long episodes, the comic always felt like a drama TV series to me, but with zombies in it.

To me, the zombies are really just the threat needed to keep the characters together when some of them would love to either just get away from the others.

Anyway, as Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile were two of my favourite movies, and Garabond is obviously capable of telling stories on screen, I have high hopes for this, tho I imagine the trailer will make it out to be far more action packed than the series will be.
And yeah... The Walking Dead was always more about the people left alive than the zombies themselves.

darchon

Apr 5, 2010
Andronicus said:
Tom Goldman said:
...it's the first post-apocalyptic zombie-focused television show I've ever heard of and based on an established and solid storyline.
Dead Set [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Set_%28TV_series%29]

To be fair though, it's English, and apparently hasn't been aired in the US yet. Still, it's pretty damn good.

OT: I sure hope one of the AU channels don't take too long to snap this up. Hell, I might even pay attention to some of their ads, out of respect. Unless it's ABC. Hehe.
Beat me to it! Dead Set is very good, english zombie-tv. Check it out!

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
Kirkman (the creator) said that he wrote the comic before the movie came out. He claims that the hospital scene was "mind-stolen" from him.

But, as the series goes on, you'll see that the show will end up being NOTHING like 28 Days Later (if it's true to the comic).

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
SenseOfTumour said:
Having read the comics, would people agree that the zombies aren't really the most important thing about the Walking Dead?
Sorry for the old quote, but I completely agree with you. The zombies are a threat in the same sense as a flood or flu epidemic. Constant and lethal, but manageable. As you read more, you come to realize that the true monsters are people themselves. That's where it gets scary. Coming to understand what humanity is capable of when their survival is at stake.