Walking Dead TV Series Trailer Comes To Life

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Walking Dead TV Series Trailer Comes To Life

AMC has finally shown off The Walking Dead, its zombie-focused television series, in motion.

An upcoming television show you might not know about that you absolutely should is AMC's The Walking Dead. I say this with full admission of my total bias as a fanboy of the awesome Robert Kirkman comic book that the series is based on. Keeping that in mind, AMC was nice enough to bring a trailer for The Walking Dead to the San Diego Comic-Con this year (which unfortunately hasn't been "officially" released, hence the cam footage), and considering that it's censored due to the "tame" nature of the event, the television show looks promising. Supposedly, it's much bloodier when not censored for Comic-Con.

In the comic, police officer Rick Grimes is seriously injured and wakes up in the hospital. Oh boy, what a time to be unconscious. While he was out, the zombie apocalypse began. The television series follows his trials and tribulations as he attempts to protects his family and newfound friends from having their faces eaten: just as in the comic book.

Frank Darabont is the executive producer of The Walking Dead, a big-time director whose previous works include The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile. He may have signed on to The Walking Dead just because it's yet another project where you can either keep or drop the "The" when talking about it. Whatever his justification, he adds another reason to take a look at the series beyond the fact that it's the first post-apocalyptic zombie-focused television show I've ever heard of and based on an established and solid storyline.

According to creator Robert Kirkman, The Walking Dead will not precisely follow the comic book it is based on, so even hardcore fans have a reason to watch for something new. The show's first six episode run is set to hit television sets this October. I personally can't wait to find out what you do when you're in a tank surrounded by zombies.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Should be interesting to see the zombie appocalypse in a televised format. The fact that it's the Walking Dead, makes it all the sweeter.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
The tank surrounded made me think of the Borderlands APC and its AOE explosion function. Comes in handy.

bubba145

Jan 4, 2010
I can't beleive AMC is going to do a no holds bar Zombie show but it looks good. I defiently want to see the budget estiments for this for a few seasons. upwards of 600 million anyone.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
One of my favorite comics coming to life! Been following this for awhile :)

Rocketboy13

Oct 21, 2008
I am interested in seeing how this goes and will reserve judgment until I see a whole episode. Hopefully it is good.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
At the beginning of the trailer it looked a little b class thing. But as the seconds passed i began to get more and more psyched about it. Although i am still sad for what happens to the horse.

I think i can get used to seeing that Rick Grimes (he better have a good fast beard) and the actor for Morgan Jones is perfect.

I hope the tank had gas in it.

Wedlock49

May 5, 2010
Holy fuck on a stick of butter!

I'm a big fan of The Walking Dead, seeing it televised is going to kick arse!

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Fucking great, just fucking great.

Someone beat me to my idea for a Zom-Com TV series, I had the plot and all of the characters and everything! I even had the title, I was going to call it "The Guide". Now what am I going to do?
Sigh.... I hope it's good I guess.......

qazmatoz

Sep 17, 2009
Yessssssssssss. On a comic related note, I stopped reading the comic a while back,
right after Rick and his son were forced out of the prison by the gang and zombie horde

Does anyone know which issue I should pick up on, or which collection that's in?

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
Did everybody forget about 28 Days Later? Which came first, this comic or that movie? Because one of them completely ripped off the other. And it looked like the visuals for the opening of the TV series were taken straight out of one of my favorite movies of all time.

Lame.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
And, of course, I no longer have access to AMC as of June 1st. I'll have to wait for the DVD.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Having read the comics, would people agree that the zombies aren't really the most important thing about the Walking Dead?

To me, it's a tale of a group of different people forced together by a difficult circumstance, and it's about the people. I guess I'm trying to say, don't expect a typical zombie movie split over six hour long episodes, the comic always felt like a drama TV series to me, but with zombies in it.

To me, the zombies are really just the threat needed to keep the characters together when some of them would love to either just get away from the others.

Anyway, as Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile were two of my favourite movies, and Garabond is obviously capable of telling stories on screen, I have high hopes for this, tho I imagine the trailer will make it out to be far more action packed than the series will be.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
...it's the first post-apocalyptic zombie-focused television show I've ever heard of and based on an established and solid storyline.
Dead Set [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Set_%28TV_series%29]

To be fair though, it's English, and apparently hasn't been aired in the US yet. Still, it's pretty damn good.

OT: I sure hope one of the AU channels don't take too long to snap this up. Hell, I might even pay attention to some of their ads, out of respect. Unless it's ABC. Hehe.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Yeah, the names attached to the project really sweetened the deal for me. Big fan of the comic, although I haven't kept up recently. Need to do some review and catching up.

qazmatoz said:
Yessssssssssss. On a comic related note, I stopped reading the comic a while back,
right after Rick and his son were forced out of the prison by the gang and zombie horde

Does anyone know which issue I should pick up on, or which collection that's in?
That's Issue #48, I believe.