Walmart to Begin Selling Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare One Day Early

Brittany Vincent

Pfhor the win!
Oct 1, 2014
Walmart to Begin Selling Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare One Day Early

Shooter fans looking to get an early start in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare can head to Walmart to snag the game before other retailers begin selling it.

For eager shooter fans clamoring to get their start in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, November 4 seems like an eternity away. Perhaps that's why Walmart is making the "Day Zero" edition available one day early on November 3, beginning at 12:01 at local time across 3,600 stores around the country.

This move comes at the same time as Walmart's push to begin including used game sales in its inventory, as previously announced back in March [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133007-Walmart-Accepting-Video-Game-Trade-Ins-Beginning-March-26]. Players needing a little extra cash will be able to trade in any used video game and go home with an extra 50% more than regular trade-in value, making the $60 hit for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare sting a little less.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is due out on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and is being developed by Sledgehammer Games for the next-gen editions, with High Moon Studios covering the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions.

Source: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/28/call-of-duty-advance-warfare-walmart-used-games/]

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Umm... Literally EVERYONE globally who pre-orders is getting the Day Zero edition which launches on November 3 regardless of where you place said pre-order. So I fail to see the point of this article only mentioning one specific retailer and making it seem like they are literally the only ones that do it when they are not and a simple google search will prove that.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
You can still get it sooner at Gamestop since they are doing a midnight launch on Sunday night.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
truckspond said:
Umm... Literally EVERYONE globally who pre-orders is getting the Day Zero edition which launches on November 3 regardless of where you place said pre-order. So I fail to see the point of this article only mentioning one specific retailer and making it seem like they are literally the only ones that do it when they are not and a simple google search will prove that.
Seriously. There are literally commercials for Gamestop about this that I haven't been able to avoid.

See, it's shit like this that makes people think the Escapist is getting money under the table for plugging stuff.

Svarr

Nov 2, 2011
Yay, more Call Of Duty games, just what we wanted, right guys? :I

#much_hype

On another note the advertisement captchas are creatively annoying, there's enough ads everywhere as is, I personally make note to avoid most things shoved in my face from ads.

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Look at that it sells one day earlier. I am sure half america has pre-ordered it anyway.

Oh well I will read in 30 days that they we're unhappy with the salesnumbers and a counter will be written about just that to make the sales targets they would have to sell to the whole of america, africa, europe, asia and russia.

Because lets be fair that is the point we reach haven't we. It will be seen as a failure unless it has been sold twice now to everybody on the planet.

So one day earlier, okay... hooray! I start the count down for the "We didn't sell enough quick enough" newspostings.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Steve the Pocket said:
truckspond said:
Seriously. There are literally commercials for Gamestop about this that I haven't been able to avoid.

See, it's shit like this that makes people think the Escapist is getting money under the table for plugging stuff.
Stop overreacting you both.

P.S. Strange, I feel urge to travel 2.5k km to nearest Walmart to pre-order CoD now. Don't know why :/