Want Every Future Consortium Game For Free? Back The Kickstarter Today

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Want Every Future Consortium Game For Free? Back The Kickstarter Today

Consortium: The Tower's Kickstarter might fail, but "Super Backers" will get every future Consortium game without spending a cent.

Sometimes, Kickstarter campaigns don't work out as planned. Take Consortium: The Tower, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166072-Interdimensional-Games-Talks-Consortium-The-Towers-Dialgoue-and-Conversation-Systems#&gid=gallery_5517&pid=1>a uniquely ambitious game $300,000 short of its required funds. Yet despite the shortfall, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/interdimensional%20games?os=interdimensional+games>Interdimensional Games plans to continue its campaign and bring Kickstarter backers for the ride. How will it do that? By giving anyone who supported The Tower a chance to receive all future Consortium games for free.

In about ten hours, Consortium: The Tower's Kickstarter will conclude while iDGi's crowdfunding enters an intermission period. When the project relaunches in a few weeks, anyone who previously backed The Tower at the Consortium Initiate level or higher will be eligible to become a Super Backer. These individuals won't just get Consortium: The Tower at release - they'll receive every future iDGi game from the Consortium universe without paying a dime.

And to be clear, if you back Consortium: The Tower in its final Kickstarter hours? Yes, you'll be eligible for those free games as well.

iDGi is keeping quiet right now on how this process will work - presumably you'll have to repledge to The Tower through an independent crowdfunding site. But for the 4400 backers who already supported Consortium: The Tower, it's a great reason to stick with the campaign. iDGi will announce more details about the campaign sometime next week.

[gallery=5750]

Source: <a href=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower/posts/1496413>Kickstarter

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
It's a real shame this Kickstarter wasn't a success. Consortium is a brilliant little game, and I hope they get to continue it. I've never actually donated to a crowd-funder before (and I guess I haven't really even now), but the chance to own the future games is too good to pass up, so I just signed some money to this thing.

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
I remember when Subsoap tried this with the Infinity Bundle. They've spent the last three years trying to weasel out of it, since anyone who was interested in buying games from them got the bundle....and won't be buying anything else.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
On one had, this would be a good deal. OTOH, there has to be a series of future games to make it work, not just the tower.

And to be fair, the first game didn't quite sell me. I appreciate what it was trying to do but it felt clunky as hell. Also, when introducing a murder mystery as a key mechanic, having 80% of the characters being referred to as PAWN #(and not by name) doesn't help you figure out who did/said what.