War gets 3 times Craftier: a Warcraft 3 review by scotth266

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Steve Dark said:
Ahhh Warcraft 3. Lotsa good memories with that game. I'd say it has aged very well compared to some other games. I will forever lament the fact that Blizzard made WoW instead of Warcraft 4, it just doesn't do the same for me plotwise...
Indeed. I also can't deal with WoW: it just doesn't have what I need in a MMO to play it.

oliveira8 said:
If you note the Night Elves are the only faction that starts with Build Base->Make army->Destroy enemey Base.

The other 3 start with a mission like Control bunch of units->Move around the map finding more units->Kills badies in map. It was simple! It introduce the player to the basic units and their mechanics and heroes. Unlike the night elves...
*GASP* It's true: Blizzard deliberately made the Night Elves to be a bad experience. Now the only question is why...

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
scotth266 said:
oliveira8 said:
If you note the Night Elves are the only faction that starts with Build Base->Make army->Destroy enemey Base.

The other 3 start with a mission like Control bunch of units->Move around the map finding more units->Kills badies in map. It was simple! It introduce the player to the basic units and their mechanics and heroes. Unlike the night elves...
*GASP* It's true: Blizzard deliberately made the Night Elves to be a bad experience. Now the only question is why...
Blizzard needed to add the "Hating Faction" in game. All their other RTS were missing that one...

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
You had damn well better give it your highest recommendations...
Proabably one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played.

And the review was pretty good too, and not just because I agree with it.
Though that last image doesn't appear to be loading.

EDIT: There it is, and it is hilarious.

Ahh, now I know what Max likes....

Aside from killing children.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Nice review Scott. I thought it was well thought out and very in-depth. I think Blizzard must have been thinking of hippies when they made the night elves. It indeed is a shame that the fact is lost on many people who only see the soul-devouring WoW that the Warcraft name once meant an innovative but simple strategy game.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
I love your reviews, scott. And I love Warcraft games...

Combine the two of those, and I need to bake some cookies for you now.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Funny thing about the night elves. In the entire night elf campaign, you never get to access their strongest unit, the chimera (which would have been really nice in the final mission). As soon as I beat warcraft 3, I went straight to the expansion campaigns, so I ended up thinking the chimera was an expansion unit.

Destal

Jul 8, 2009
Warcraft 3 was easily one of my favorite games when it came out. I love all the custom maps involved with it. I find it ironic that female NE's are the most rolled charactor in wow when they had the worst WAR3 campaign

Also, pretty good review. The baby picture is hilarious.