War of the Wyrms: Accepting Players

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Wulfstain finished shining his beaten, scratched armour and finally resumed doing their business here, seeing as more delays will not help.

"Off to the hills, eh? Well, best be off now. Come, jargh kuldar!" He called as he began his mission to find out anything about this recent attack on them and the town.

This was a less pleasant part of the journey, for if there WAS someone to be found, they might have arrows.

Dwarves don't like arrows.

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
'Yessir. If we're lucky, we'll get to punish some murderers. If even luckier, we'll track them back to the hideout. If not lucky at all, we'll get some darn good exercise.'
Marisa jumped up, stretched as much as she could in plate armour and started jogging up the hills behind the houses, sword and shield drawn at the ready; wary, but with a confident smile on her lips. The soft, pleasant blue aura of the amulet around her neck made her feel good. There was something familiar about it, which instilled a subtle feeling of safety.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
Reggie said nothing, simply because he figured he didn't need to. He just followed thet others up into the hills and began searching.

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Should one of us do a nature roll or something to see what kind of stuff we find during our search or something?

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
Sorry. Work's kept me busy and tired.

Here's how this will work. You can do nature or perception to search, athletics to aid your next search, and... umm.... religion or arcana to aid another's search.
And we'll go in an order. So roll initiative. Since it's just you three, whoever gets the highest roll should simply go first once all three rolls are in.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
18+0 ...crap. I go first.

Reggie begins his search and checks out a small area nearby, assuming that there would be a clue or a sign or something near there.

perception roll: 5+2=7

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
Marisa eagerly plunges into a massive thicket.

<spoiler=Rolls>Athletics: 13-4=9
Nature: 18+2=20
Wasn't sure how you meant one could aid the next search, but I'd do Athletics first in any case.

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Nature: 1+2=20
Athletics: 19+2=21

And there, folks, is that critical failure I assumed was coming. I hope I don't get jumped by a poisonous snake [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrFcWcRmjec].

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
Apologies. Some clarification is in order.
You are attempting to achieve a number of successes before a number of failures. In this case, Nature and Perception allow successes, and failures. The athletics, religion, and arcana, do not count towards the success or failure count. However, succeeding at them will allow you to make the needed successes with more ease.
However, you only get to do one action per turn. So you only attempt at athletics or something else, and not two at the same time.
Here:
Athletics: +1 towards your own next attempt.
Religion: +1 towards an ally's attempt.
Arcana: +1 towards an ally's attempt.'

Higs, Combined, I'll allow you two to decide which of your two rolls you wish to keep. My fault, not yours.

Reggie can't spot anything.

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
Marisa spots a bit of disturbed shrubbery. It isn't enough to tell where they went, but it's a start.

Wulfstain climbs up the hill and achieves a much better view of the situation before him.

Reggie does what?

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
"Why is a dwarf able to climb higher than me?" Reggie asks himself before calling up to Wulf and asking, "You see anything?"

He then makes a quick prayer to help his friend spot something hopefully.

3+6=9...well, that won't do much.

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
Marisa grinned at Reggie. 'Heh, because he's better at it.'
She turns to Wulfstain and calls out.
'Found traces here. Look in this direction.'
She then continues to struggle through the shrubbery to try to find tracks.

<spoiler=Perception roll>20+2
Man, this dice site loves me. Maybe I've found the secret to beating my chronic unluckiness; only try once a day. x)
Oh yeah, we can take 10 on these attempts, right? Might be good for Reggie. x)

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Wulfstain huffs at the top of the hill. "No place for a dwarf to be..." he mumbles as he looks in the direction of Marisa's voice.

He answers Reginald with an edge of annoyance to his voice. "Yes! A lot of grass and a lot of trees."

18+2=20.

Rolling our way to victory, one perception check at a time!