War of the Wyrms: Accepting Players

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
You could take ten if this wasn't supposed to be difficult. Normally, take ten would work since you're not threatened or hurried. But since it's challenging, it doesn't.
or, at least it would be challenging if you guys weren't getting so lucky.

Marisa spots a bootprint, and Wulfstain spots a marked tree further beyond Marisa. It is odd, because one wouldn't be able to see except from the exact hillside that Wulfstain is on. And it's too high up to be a random mammal's job.

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
Marise shone up and turned to peer at Wulfstain above her.
'Bootprints!'
Without spending time to ponder or develop further on her point, she rushes ahead, eyes on the ground, thankful for the plate protecting her body and hands from the thorns.

<spoiler=Athletics roll>17-4=13

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Wolfstain shouts back quickly. "There's a marked tree over in your direction, in the distance!"

He mumbles something about being uncomfortable at this height, then falls to one knee and prays to the War God, hoping that he bestow his blessings upon Marisa.

This done, he begins to follow the leader through the thick woods at a relatively slow pace.

19+4=23. Huzzah!

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
Reggie looks back at Marisa, just in time to hear her say, "Bootprints!", and run off into the bush. He startred pondering whether or not to follow her and eventually decided that if she ran into some bandits she could need some help and he should follow just in case. He then took off after her.

19-4=15

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
Despite being filled with extra incentive from the war god, Marisa fails to find any more clues.

Only by super human effort is Reggie able to get closer and find a new location to look from.

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
<spoiler=OOC>I was under the impression Athletics would aid my next attempt. I naturally only attempt anything on Perception/Nature, since those are the highest. If it just means my attempt to aid my next attempt failed, the wording suggests otherwise.

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
Apologies. I misread your actual post and then didn't bother to read the spoiler cover before opening it.
Yeah, you fail at the Athletics but it's not a clue search so it doesn't fail as part of the actual count. New effect below:

Marisa, huffing and puffing in her heavy plate armor, doesn't get anywhere that's better to search from. She does, however, feel Wulfstain's War God inspiring her with competence.

figment of mind

Jun 26, 2008
Reggeie looked around for Marisa only to find that he had left her behind.

'Oh well, guess i could go back and help her but i don't think that's what she would want. Besides, there may be a clue here.', He thought to himself. He then began searching the area, hoping to find something.

15+2=17, hopefully that finds something.

Since i highly suspect that my internet will shut off the moment i log on tomorrow just have reggie shout back whatever he finds to the others, then you guys can control him til i get back or something...or you could have him get lost in the forest, just don't kill him cause i will come back and take up controling him as soon as possible.

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Wulfstain was less interested in all this running business. As far as he was concerned, running into forests happened to other surface dwellers.

He was, instead, walking at a leisurely pace in the direction of the marked tree with his maul raised and on his shoulders, watching carefully for any sign amongst the trees, the bushes and the taller grasses.

3+2=5. I fail. Now I'm expecting angry skiurids to attack me from the negative planes.

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
A tiny bit flustered, Marisa raised her gaze, slowed her pace, and started looking for clues ahead instead.

<spoiler=Perception roll>19+2=21

Dramatic Flare

Frightening Frolicker
Jun 18, 2008
Well gents, I have pretty horrible news. I'll be losing internet for an undetermined amount of time here in a few days.It'll probably be a few months, at least. As such, I don't think I can honestly continue this RP. So, do you guys want to keep playing until the last moment, or just call it off now?

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
I'll follow Higs on this one.

[small]He always has the best solution.[/small]

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
<spoiler=OOC>Oh god damn it. Well, speaking for myself, time passes very quickly. I'm up for continuing in a couple months. No point in planning if everything's uncertain.