Warcraft Movie DVD Comes With World of Warcraft, Digital Goodies

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Warcraft Movie DVD Comes With World of Warcraft, Digital Goodies

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1348/1348891.jpg
If you missed out on the "see WarCraft, get WoW" promotion, it looks like it's continuing with DVD sales.

When the WarCraft movie hit theaters, Blizzard ran a promotion that gave every movie go-er a free copy of World of Warcraft [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.938383-If-You-Go-Watch-Warcraft-Youll-Get-a-Free-Digital-Copy-of-World-of-Warcraft] that included all expansions up to Warlords of Dreanor. Now, the movie's DVD release is right around the corner, and Blizzard is extending the deal, and then some. If you buy WarCraft on DVD or Blu-ray, you'll get:

Digital copy of World of Warcraft - including the complete base game and all expansions up to Warlords of Draenor, plus 30 days of game time for new players.
Medivh Hero in Hearthstone - an alternate skin for the mage class in Blizzard's collectible card game.
Gul'dan Hero in Heroes of the Storm - A ranged assassin-type character in Blizzard's online team brawler.

The movie will be available on September 27 in the US and Canada, and throughout September and October worldwide. The promotion only lasts "while stocks last" according to a Blizzard spokesperson, so we can assume it will only be included in the first print of DVDs and Blu-rays.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Meh too bad no incentive for returning. I'd like the 30 days but I'm an old player. Ahh well.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
Neat
I already have a subscription but I could probably give the code to a mate so they can give it a shot
I'm also entirely uninterested in Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm despite all the digital goodies that blizzard has given me to try and get me to play them

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
I mean, it's technically a good deal. The DVD is $20 (according to bestbuy.com) Both Medivh and Gul'dan cost ten bucks each in their respective games (although you can get Gul bladder for free if you grind enough) and the WoW kit would also be 20 dollars separately. That's forty dollars of value tacked on to your purchase

You know, if you like HOTS... or Hearthstone... and you inexplicably liked the warcraft movie yet haven't played WoW

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
EyeReaper said:
I mean, it's technically a good deal. The DVD is $20 (according to bestbuy.com) Both Medivh and Gul'dan cost ten bucks each in their respective games (although you can get Gul bladder for free if you grind enough) and the WoW kit would also be 20 dollars separately. That's forty dollars of value tacked on to your purchase

You know, if you like HOTS... or Hearthstone... and you inexplicably liked the warcraft movie yet haven't played WoW
What if I played the original Warcraft games but never touched WOW?

Tassit

May 16, 2013
I'll probably pass on buying, since we saw it in theaters but I like that they're including an incentive.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
My only disappointment is there's nothing there for a Warcraft player who is currently an active player. That said they had no obligation to do this shit anyway so it's nice regardless.