Warcraft Movie Teaser Trailer Wows at Comic-Con

harpere

May 20, 2014
Warcraft Movie Teaser Trailer Wows at Comic-Con

Will Warcraft be able to buck the bad video game movie trend?

Read Full Article

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Sure wish WE could see this magical trailer instead of simply having the 11 second logo... I mean really, they want people to get hype, so they let you imagine how amazing the trailer is instead of you know... letting them see it.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Hmm... actually, I'm OK with the movie having so much CGI in it. I mean, it's Blizzard. You can criticize them for a lot of things, but their rendered cutscenes are among the best (if not THE best) you can get on your PC/console. If that translates to screen as well as described I'm all for it.

Strawb

May 21, 2009
Xerosch said:
Hmm... actually, I'm OK with the movie having so much CGI in it. I mean, it's Blizzard. You can criticize them for a lot of things, but their rendered cutscenes are among the best (if not THE best) you can get on your PC/console. If that translates to screen as well as described I'm all for it.
Except Blizzard isn't in charge of making the CGI.

Strawb

May 21, 2009
Halyah said:
Blizzard buck the trend of bad videogame based movies? Yeeeeaaaaah nooooo. Not unless they hired a competent writer for once which I don't see happening. I could be wrong of course. Even then a competent writer likely isn't enough to help 'em...
Duncan Jones is both director and writer, along with another guy. I'd say Duncan Jones is pretty competent.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
finding this really annoying al this talk of trailers and avengers footage and yet.....not a single to any of it

Rag Doll

Aug 16, 2008
Strawb said:
Halyah said:
Blizzard buck the trend of bad videogame based movies? Yeeeeaaaaah nooooo. Not unless they hired a competent writer for once which I don't see happening. I could be wrong of course. Even then a competent writer likely isn't enough to help 'em...
Duncan Jones is both director and writer, along with another guy. I'd say Duncan Jones is pretty competent.
The WoW creative team is also involved in the writing. (According to Blizzcon panels, anyway) I would say, that while the Warcraft lore isn't exactly Shakespeare, they've always had a way of delivering really cool set-pieces. Not sure how the pacing, dialogue or humour are going to go over, or how good the CGI is actually going to be, but for better or for worse, this looks to be a real Warcraft movie.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Halyah said:
Strawb said:
Halyah said:
Not familiar with that name so I'll take your word for it. So then any screwup is most likely blizzards fault insofar as the writing goes as usual. At least it'll look pretty I guess?
Well not that it makes him inherently gold, but he is David Bowies son, so I think he'll do well, it should give him juuust the right amount of zaniness necessary.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
So was that the trailer shown?.... if so I want a lobotomy organized for everyone who got 'hype'.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Flutterguy said:
So was that the trailer shown?.... if so I want a lobotomy organized for everyone who got 'hype'.
It was not and it's explained in the article.

Khymerion

Apr 10, 2012
AstaresPanda said:
finding this really annoying al this talk of trailers and avengers footage and yet.....not a single to any of it
Completely agree with you on this. They shouldn't bother reporting on garbage they can't properly show the rest of us out here. So what if a few people got to see it, if the rest of us can't watch it, it is nothing more than some pandering tripe to a few morons who got to get in the hall and thus not worth even noting.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Halyah said:
Not familiar with that name so I'll take your word for it.
The two films Duncan Jones directed - Source Code - have both been pretty well-received.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
In this age of cellphone cameras and Google Glass and whatnot, not one person managed to catch the damn thing and upload it to the Net?

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Halyah said:
Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah if there's one thing Warcraft needs less of, it's zaniness. Granted it could just look that way because Blizzard has never handled it very well in WoW.
Well I'm not saying the film would be whacky, I'm just saying he personally would be a bit zany, being Bowies son, which sould afford him not to do what I suspect a lot of directors would do; just make it a straight up "Good vs Evil" film and give it that certain..."Warcraft" feel, to stop it from being a generic fantasy flick. Besides, it's not like the zanieness has ever been apparent in the main story, just the off and side quests. It's had silly elements since warcraft 2, which means it's had them longer than it hasn't at this point.

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
Im still a bit confused, it's supposed to be live action and CGI mixed together?

I don't understand why they don't just go all CGI. They can do a lot more with it and it looks more then good enough.
I mean, compare their stuff to say something like Frozen, it really should not be a problem for anyone to go watch that.
Other then the actual style, there is not much different between what Blizzard animates and what Pixar does, so what gives?

Hell, I still think the animation in Spirit Within and Advent children is amazing and holds up. I would really like to see more movies made like that, but people don't seem to wanna make them..

Same goes for roboscoped movies I guess, only two big ones that I know of.

Animation is not quite good enough to blend perfectly with live action just yet so I'd say either do one or the other, not both.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Halyah said:
elvor0 said:
Halyah said:
Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah if there's one thing Warcraft needs less of, it's zaniness. Granted it could just look that way because Blizzard has never handled it very well in WoW.
Well I'm not saying the film would be whacky, I'm just saying he personally would be a bit zany, being Bowies son, which sould afford him not to do what I suspect a lot of directors would do; just make it a straight up "Good vs Evil" film and give it that certain..."Warcraft" feel, to stop it from being a generic fantasy flick. Besides, it's not like the zanieness has ever been apparent in the main story, just the off and side quests. It's had silly elements since warcraft 2, which means it's had them longer than it hasn't at this point.
Silly elements is one thing. Making good use of them is a different story. Blizzards 'professional' writers are not good at it.
But at least Chris Metzen is still a person. (Don't you worry, I'll always be in these topics, reminding you of the greatest human being to have ever voice-acted the entire collection of fresh toast. GREETINGS, FRIEND!)

OT:
Yeah this is like, a logo, yo. I'm so excited.

:p