Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Review

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
I hope this game gets enough support so Relic makes another one. There's so much untapped potential for bad-ass in the 40k universe...

Next game: KHORNE BERSERKER: KILL! MAIM! BURN!

Sarpedon

Feb 9, 2011
Redryhno said:
Sarpedon said:
Redryhno said:
I like the 40k games and all, but I wish they would do something other than Space Marines as the main characters, I mean, who wouldn't want to play a campaign as an Aspect Warrior or Ork Boyz or (Emperor and Harlequin strike me down for admitting this) a Tyranid? Personally I think that they need to make a 40k game that includes like a six hour campaign for each of the Officio Assassinorium branches, they could really go for different gameplay mechanics for each since each has their own way of doing things and would make around a 30 hour game in campaigns alone, and then release different DLC for each branch that adds like another couple hours to each, or just make each branch a ten or twenty hour game in itself
To be honest, there IS a title where you take the role of a Tau Firewarrior. It's called (yup) Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior.

Wait a minute... WH40k: Space Marine, WH40k: Firewarrior.... lol. Next, we'll have WH40k: Nob, or WH40k: Cultist.
Congratulations, I'm aware of that, but since I never played it I can't say anything about it. And this was already mentioned earlier. Why do people feel the need to hash-over a subject multiple times on a thread without reading it?
Because there were more posts than I cared to read?

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Sarpedon said:
Redryhno said:
Sarpedon said:
Redryhno said:
I like the 40k games and all, but I wish they would do something other than Space Marines as the main characters, I mean, who wouldn't want to play a campaign as an Aspect Warrior or Ork Boyz or (Emperor and Harlequin strike me down for admitting this) a Tyranid? Personally I think that they need to make a 40k game that includes like a six hour campaign for each of the Officio Assassinorium branches, they could really go for different gameplay mechanics for each since each has their own way of doing things and would make around a 30 hour game in campaigns alone, and then release different DLC for each branch that adds like another couple hours to each, or just make each branch a ten or twenty hour game in itself
To be honest, there IS a title where you take the role of a Tau Firewarrior. It's called (yup) Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior.

Wait a minute... WH40k: Space Marine, WH40k: Firewarrior.... lol. Next, we'll have WH40k: Nob, or WH40k: Cultist.
Congratulations, I'm aware of that, but since I never played it I can't say anything about it. And this was already mentioned earlier. Why do people feel the need to hash-over a subject multiple times on a thread without reading it?
Because there were more posts than I cared to read?
Quit complaining, rule of thumb though, if you don't care to read the posts but still want to post on it then read it, dumbass. It's like going to a BYOB bar/party and saying everyone else should share with you because your bottle was too heavy to bring two blocks.

Two Angels

Dec 25, 2009
Tarkand said:
The funny thing here is that Mira is actually a good female character. She is competent. She isn't over-sexed. She's trustworthy. She has an entire batallion worth of fighting MEN looking up to her and who all believe that without her, they'd long be dead. And the game never parades the fact that she's a woman by making her act differently or with over the top girly traits just to make a point. And perhaps even more important - she isn't part of a forced and contrived love interest situation.

How many game have strong, competent women who aren't also fan services? Not all that much... and the 'shallow' Space Marine is one of them.
This!

Also it's not a bad game to start a franchise with, what we have to remember is that not every game gets out of the starting blocks at 100mph, some have to build to it and I believe that Relic will do that with 40K games.

In the end I am just glad there is a halfway decent console game based on the amazing 40K universe. Now for an elder scrolls style game based on the Fantasy world.... Oh to be a Saurus warrior!

TheGaukudix

Feb 26, 2011
All well and good, But until the Necrons enter the 40K world again, these titles won't hold my interest (Which is probably my loss, but oh well.)

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
I also got the feeling that this was made as a game to introduce some of your friends to Warhammer 40K without having to drag out a bunch of miniatures. Still nice for folks who have known 40K since Rouge Trader first hit hobby shop shelves but expanding the brand seems to be the focus of this game.

My disappointment though is that you can't play as the Orks. Multi player is fun, but damn I really wish the option was there to play as the Orks instead of just Space Marines or Chaos Marines. Playing as a 'eavy boy and putting a bit of the dakka dakka on the 'umies just seems like it would be fun.

Oh well perhaps if it does well and broadens the brand maybe one day there will a game for the Ork fans.

Mr C

May 8, 2008
boyvirgo666 said:
Mr C said:
boyvirgo666 said:
See this game is kinda hit and miss. If you like 40k youl be just fine. Gameplay wise outside the health regen system the game works fine and is plenty fun. But i have one major complaint. That is now how you pronounce lieutenant.

Edit: yes i am aware that some European countries pronounce it that way but i dont care it sounds dumb and the Etymology disagrees with that pronunciation.
You mean the English pronounce it incorrectly?

You have also misused the word etymology. It simply has to do with the origins of words and how they change over time. It has nothing to do with 'correct' pronunciation.
Etymology refers to the origins of the word as well.
I said that, but more importantly I would like to apologise for my earlier tone. I apparently had my 'anonymous muppet' hat on.

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
Mr C said:
boyvirgo666 said:
Mr C said:
boyvirgo666 said:
See this game is kinda hit and miss. If you like 40k youl be just fine. Gameplay wise outside the health regen system the game works fine and is plenty fun. But i have one major complaint. That is now how you pronounce lieutenant.

Edit: yes i am aware that some European countries pronounce it that way but i dont care it sounds dumb and the Etymology disagrees with that pronunciation.
You mean the English pronounce it incorrectly?

You have also misused the word etymology. It simply has to do with the origins of words and how they change over time. It has nothing to do with 'correct' pronunciation.
Etymology refers to the origins of the word as well.
I said that, but more importantly I would like to apologise for my earlier tone. I apparently had my 'anonymous muppet' hat on.
Eh i never take anything personally. Thank you for the thought though.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
Love this game BUT there seems to be alot of stuff missing from what was shown with early trailers. I remember seeing a trailer where you take on a Killa Kan in single player, what looks to be dreads fighting, one gets smacked by a warboss and Nids !!!! I saw NIDS ! being shot up by a titan before an orbital bombardment. It looks like you had a sqod to command and kit out, but for what ever reason stuff gets cut but with space marine it feels cut and kinda chopped for DLC to save THQ....did not help thou. And the lack of dedicated servers. I cant find a very good trailer of what i speak, i was able to download a good one, but cnt find any online. Really makes you think what could have been for this game had THQ not gone to shit and if space marine 2 and 3 would have been like.