Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Review - Borehammer

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Review - Borehammer

A dreary "lane strategy" game reskinned from the developer's earlier work.

Read Full Article

Shalok

May 28, 2012
Isn't 2 1/2 Stars a little on the high side. Also WTF Games workshop, you used to be so careful with the license and now you let it be used for this!

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I was wondering what that awful 40k game was. I saw it in this weeks Jimquisition didn't I? At least it's as bad as it looks; I like 40K games but I didn't even feel compelled to look up what this was.
Shalok said:
Isn't 2 1/2 Stars a little on the high side. Also WTF Games workshop, you used to be so careful with the license and now you let it be used for this!
They used to be in a much better financial spot themselves.
It's interesting how the 40K video games have turned into a vapid cash grab at the same rate the tabletop game has. Did I say interesting, I meant a shame.

ElFuzzy

Jun 28, 2013
Jim, I will take your advise and will indeed have a lovely sle-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
GonzoGamer said:
Shalok said:
It's interesting how the 40K video games have turned into a vapid cash grab at the same rate the tabletop game has. Did I say interesting, I meant a shame.
Whilst I know naysayers have been preaching much the same for a long time, I can't help but feel that these are dying grasps at profit, making a desperate attempt to draw out as much revenue as possible before things go under.

Catface Meowmers

Bless My Nippers!
Aug 29, 2010
GonzoGamer said:
I was wondering what that awful 40k game was. I saw it in this weeks Jimquisition didn't I?
Jimothy also did a Squirty Play of the game on his YouTube channel . It looked pretty fucking dull, even Jim's sultry British accent couldn't liven the mood.

The only good thing I can say about this game is that reading about it makes me want to go play some Dawn of War.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
"the studio guilty of Ride to Hell: Retribution"

Well that's all you needed to tell us to know it was a shit game not worth our time XD

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Moloch Sacrifice said:
GonzoGamer said:
Shalok said:
Whilst I know naysayers have been preaching much the same for a long time, I can't help but feel that these are dying grasps at profit, making a desperate attempt to draw out as much revenue as possible before things go under.
Maybe. Maybe they can slip back to the size they were pre-lotr. It would be too bad we would never see Sisters of Battle plastics (always wanted an army of them) but the game has become bloated and White Dwarf has become an overpriced catalog and at this point my friends and I just play with what we have using the last edition of rules we liked; 4th I think.

Oct 20, 2010
WOW, and I thought the mobile games hell was bad before. Between this and Shannon Tweed's Groupie Attack ( I shit you not, this game, but you play as Mrs. Gene Simmons, its on TotalBiscuit) I have to stare in open mouthed wonder at who's coming up with this crap, and furthermore, who the fuck is playing all these PvZ clones instead of PvZ? It seems to me that that game at least WORKS and is fun to some people.

I would lament Games Workshop, but they deserve to fail, and lose all their licensees to Fantasy Flight. We all have at least one story as to why as well.

On a lighter note Smashing new Forum Avatar Jim!

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
gamegod25 said:
"the studio guilty of Ride to Hell: Retribution"

Well that's all you needed to tell us to know it was a shit game not worth our time XD
Yeeeeezzz, let it everybody know: Write it on the Wall: Eutechnyx! No one from that studio shall rise ever again!

The worst Game Devs ever - Ok, second to FUN Creators (Guise of the Wolf).

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
It's like everyone has only JUST been introduced to mobile games, they've been cash-grabbing shit for years now.

I've worked as an intern for a mobile game studio for half a year, most depressing period of my adolescent life and I'd much rather take the risk of starting my own studio than do that ever again.
The worst thing is, these people aren't even completely incompetent, they just get about a month or two months time to make something, make sure a braindead cow can play it, and make it "pretty" enough to be clicked on.

It's not even their fault, really, coverage on these games is practically non-excistant, reviews are paid for, the platform itself makes interfaces beyond four buttons very difficult to do, the competition is INSANE since the bar of entry is so low, and at the end of the day, nobody really cares about the actual quality of these games, they just want to be distracted for an hour while they're on the train back home.

I actually find it hilarious that TotalBiscuit only now is introduced to these games properly, he probably avoided them like the bubonic plague before they got put on Steam, and with good reason, at the very least it makes for some amusing material.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Totalbiscuit made a video about it as well a while ago.

It hurts to see how the state of Warhammer 40k games these days. Is a decent Dawn of War III too much to ask? Or a nice turn based game? Perhaps a proper digital version of the tabletop? Or dare I say even somthing original? For fucks sake, just make a HD-Remake of Final Liberation! Just something worth playing.

Totalbiscuit said it about shitting on a licence like that and I let Leandros say it again:

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I'm curious to hear if Eutestupidname offered to pay Jim/the website for a good review. So far, I've seen several sites with relatively positive, nearly identical posts about this game.

Either way, it's good to see Jim gave this game the kind of publicity it deserves.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
At least the cover art is pretty cool....

God fucking damnit GW.

SilverStuddedSquirre said:
lose all their licensees to Fantasy Flight
That would be the best thing to happen to the warhammer licences, even if tabletop would die overnight.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Frankster said:
At least the cover art is pretty cool....

God fucking damnit GW.

SilverStuddedSquirre said:
lose all their licensees to Fantasy Flight
That would be the best thing to happen to the warhammer licences, even if tabletop would die overnight.
By the Powers of Chaos, MAKE IT SO!!!

SonofSpermcube

Aug 10, 2013
Saw the title, thought "Oh, is this a sequel to 'Space Marine?' Because that was indeed a boring game." HAHAHAHA NOPE THEY FOUND A WAY TO MAKE SOMETHING WORSE.

Seriously, Fire Warrior was better than Space Marine (because it was basically the same game except with the excuse of having come first).