Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Headed to Consoles In October

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Headed to Consoles In October

Starting in October, you can take on Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide's Skaven menace on your console.

If you're a console gamer who was itching to take on the Skaven in Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/14903-Warhammer-End-Times-Vermintide-Review], your wait is soon to be over. Fatshark announced today that they will be bringing the fantasy co-op title to PS4 and Xbox One in October.

Fatshark will self-publish the digital version, with Nordic Games handling the publishing duties for the physical release.

Vermintide pits you and three friends against an army of Skaven ratmen that threaten to overrun your world. You'll choose from one of five classes, and then fight your way through levels in a game that's obviously inspired by the co-op gameplay of Left 4 Dead. It's a great experience with friends, and it's still good with AI teammates, although they can sometimes frustrate you with their decision-making.

We had so much fun with Vermintide that we named it our Co-op Game of the Year in 2015 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/15183-Escapist-Awards-2015-Best-RPG-Open-World-Strategy]. If you're a console gamer, you can check it out for yourself when the PS4 and Xbox One version launches on October 4.

[gallery=6359]

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Fatshark is a great company with good people. My PC couldnt run it but I will support them on console. It looks really interesting from everything Ive seen.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
bjj hero said:
Fatshark is a great company with good people. My PC couldnt run it but I will support them on console. It looks really interesting from everything Ive seen.
It's a pretty solid game, but once you've run through the campaign a few times it starts to get somewhat grindy, and so the player base has declined over time. Fatshark does a good job of listening though, but because they are fairly small it takes them a while to bring in much needed updates.

I still recommend the game mind you, heck, might give it another whirl not that I have some free time.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Commissar Sae said:
It's a pretty solid game, but once you've run through the campaign a few times it starts to get somewhat grindy, and so the player base has declined over time. Fatshark does a good job of listening though, but because they are fairly small it takes them a while to bring in much needed updates.

I still recommend the game mind you, heck, might give it another whirl not that I have some free time.
Agreed on all points.

The random loot system is the part that I came to enjoy the most.
Chasing a new item or something you can break down to augment or trade in for something else is enough of a nudge for my MMO trained brain to keep me jumping in for a round or two.

Hope FatShark have some success with this title over on the consoles.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Isn't this going to be beat to the punch by the console version of KF2?
I mean the game has obvious merits but that's going to be some stiff competition

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
MCerberus said:
Isn't this going to be beat to the punch by the console version of KF2?
I mean the game has obvious merits but that's going to be some stiff competition
Personally,never heard a word of KF2 coming to console. Going to be interesting though,considering KF2 technically isn`t even finished yet.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
This is how Eternal Crusade should have done it, Instead we are getting a broken game with alot less features :(

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
Vermintide was frickin' boss hog. It might even work better on consoles than most FPS games, because of the heavy emphasis on melee combat.

The only reason I stopped playing Vermintide was because it got to the point where me and a friend were farming one map on the hardest difficulty to try and get my dwarf his flame pistols. I kinda stopped and went, "well, this is getting pretty grindy," and then Overwatch came out.

Between this, Total Warhammer, and Mordheim, I'm on kind of a WHFB binge at the moment. Pity Games Workshop torched the franchise and ran.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
bastardofmelbourne said:
The only reason I stopped playing Vermintide was because it got to the point where me and a friend were farming one map on the hardest difficulty to try and get my dwarf his flame pistols.
I wish the game at least gave you one of everything through mission completion or level up rewards. Anything that isn't a bloody lottery crapshoot. Never will I know the glory of the Drakefire Pistols.

I've basically taken to grinding Schluesselschloss for materials to pray for weapons. Kept getting bloody Grudge Rakers though. Loot die and tomes are just total butts.

Wish the saves were offline like Borderlands. I ended up using a save editor to get some of the Legendaries there cause screw grinding the same thing ad nauseum.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Fantastic news! I've been waiting for this ever since it was first released, perhaps I'll even be able to convince a friend to repurchase it for PS4 and join me in cleansing the Under-Empire.

AstaresPanda said:
This is how Eternal Crusade should have done it, Instead we are getting a broken game with alot less features :(
Is that the 40K MMORPG? I have not heard a *single* thing about that since an Escapist news preview a year or two ago.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Commissar Sae said:
bjj hero said:

I play another Games Workshop IP, Bloodbowl, in a regular PC league and for a while we had this polite guy named fatshark as one of the coaches. I knew he was in IT but had no idea how until he offered one of his companies titles as a prize for the league champ.

Genuinely good guy.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
bastardofmelbourne said:
Between this, Total Warhammer, and Mordheim, I'm on kind of a WHFB binge at the moment. Pity Games Workshop torched the franchise and ran.
Yeah, strange to be bringing up stuff for a setting they've gotten rid of.