Warner Bros. Goes Batty For Arkham Domains

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Warner Bros. Goes Batty For Arkham Domains

Fifteen separate Batman-related domain names have been registered by a Warner Bros. proxy.

Fifteen separate Batman-related domain names have been claimed by MarkMonitor, a proxy that Warner Bros. has used in the past. The registrations took place January 10th 2013 and, while none of them link to an actual web page yet, you may be able to work out a common theme. Y'know, apart from the whole Batman thing.

The complete list is as follows:

arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)
batmanarkahmuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)
batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)
batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)
batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)
batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)
batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)
batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)
batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)
batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)
batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)
darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)
dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)
dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)
thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)

There's an outside chance that this is movie related as opposed to a games thing, but that darn common theme would seem to suggest otherwise. At least based on the Batman: Arkham Asylum game. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4915-Batman-Arkham-City]

Source: Fusible [http://fusible.com/2013/01/is-warner-bros-registering-arkham-domains-for-the-next-batman-movie/]

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Quite like the sound of Arkham Arises actually. Has a nice ring to it, compared to some of the others. While I don't outright hate any of them, I think Batman: Arkham Stories sounds a bit silly.

But no matter what it's called if it plays anything like the previous games I'd be ecstatic.

And this is all if it is for a game of course.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
If it's a game I'd go with Arkham Knight.
I really don't want it to be something like legends or origins though.
They just kinda suck.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
Quite like the sound of Arkham Arises actually. Has a nice ring to it, compared to some of the others. While I don't outright hate any of them, I think Batman: Arkham Stories sounds a bit silly.
Arises was actually one of my least favourite, though personally I think the 'Arkham' part has become a problem. If they need to work it into any title, that's going to create awkwardness in what could otherwise be pretty cool titles. Take the word out, and they become a lot more impressive - I don't what what Batman: Legends is but I'm damn sure I'd play it!

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
SonicWaffle said:
Andy Shandy said:
Arises was actually one of my least favourite, though personally I think the 'Arkham' part has become a problem. If they need to work it into any title, that's going to create awkwardness in what could otherwise be pretty cool titles. Take the word out, and they become a lot more impressive - I don't what what Batman: Legends is but I'm damn sure I'd play it!
You're right. Now that you've pointed it out some of them do sound a lot better without the "Arkham" tag. Except Stories. Batman: Stories still sounds daft =P

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
That's....too many Arkhams. Far too many. Whatever happened to the Silver-Age prequel about Batman's first encounter with the Joker? I hope that hasn't been trashed... :(

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
SonicWaffle said:
Andy Shandy said:
You're right. Now that you've pointed it out some of them do sound a lot better without the "Arkham" tag. Except Stories. Batman: Stories still sounds daft =P
Tales From The Cave? :p

I actually think you could do something with Batman: Stories. I'm picturing an episodic game in the Telltale style, where each game focuses on a particular villain. Batman invades a funfair to rescue Gordon from the Joker, arrives at a burgled museum and has to track Catwoman across the city following a trail of clues, stuff like that. Given that they're so short, it might even be feasible to base each episode around an episode from the Batman: The Animated Series, and how awesome would that be?!

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Batman Arkham Origins Universe Begins: Night of DC Dark Knight Arises Arkhamverse Legend of Legends Stories
Sounds like a PC exclusive title.
voting BAOUB:NoDDKAALoLS as game of the year, would play again with each of the several thousand dlc outfits

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
Legends would go well with the whole Silver Age theme supposedly rumored for the next game.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree that Yahtzee called this.
You mean with Arkham Universe? Maybe they got the idead from yahtzee's video. I'm sure a lot of developers watch his videos.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
canadamus_prime said:
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree that Yahtzee called this.
You mean with Arkham Universe? Maybe they got the idead from yahtzee's video. I'm sure a lot of developers watch his videos.
If that's the case then maybe they should've been paying more attention because I'm fairly certain that that part of Yahtzee's video wasn't intended as a suggestion, but rather as a criticism. Like you know, that going on to do Arkham Universe would be a bad idea.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I thought Ashes of Arkham sounded awesome when the "Watcher in the Wings" said it.