Warner Bros. Interactive Apologizes For Arkham Origins Bugs

Razhem

Sep 9, 2008
Ponyholder said:
It may just be the fact that I had suffered through much worse back when I was PC gaming in the late 90's and such where save file corruption was a lot more common than it is today, so 10 hours just doesn't seem that bad. Especially in a game where that barely scratches the surface.
That your house burned once doesn't mean it isn't bullshit that your room burned this time.

Why do people feel the baffling need to defend the undefedenfable because "it could be worse!". Yes, in the grand scheme of things it's 10 hours put in a game, but here is the thing. YOU are a consumer, you PAID for a product, that PRODUCT failed, YOU have all the right in the world to be utterly pissed about it, no matter how slight the inconvenience.

One of the big reasons why most consumer sectors are halfassed is because how apologetic consumers can be just because. OK, so in the 90s a lot of games crapped out, but that being crap does not mean that games being released lately crapping out is suddenly AOK because it was worse before.

Also, I'm a software developer, I know how it is, yeas, things can go through, but you still have to take responsibility for it since it was your mistake that cost everybody their time and enjoyment. It's just how it is.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
MrBrightside919 said:
No amount of apologizing will get me my 10 hours of gameplay back after my save corrupted...
Nor my 26 hours. :p It's ridiculous that you can't drop manual saves into different slots to at least make some back ups.

OT: The free flow combat is also way worse than it has been in any of the other Arkham games. It's slower, Batman's controls are more awkward, and ground take-downs and double-counters would miss a lot for me. I just don't understand how this happens, I mean, they have testers, right? Who's the asshole that signed off on this garbage?

Aside from it's many, many technical problems, the game itself is just not that good. I could cite endless examples, but I'll just say that Origins is neither the game we needed nor the game we deserved.

EDIT: Oh yeah, anyone who thinks that losing ten hours of game play is no big deal clearly doesn't understand what it's like to have the kind of schedule where you're lucky if you get to play even 4 hours a day.

Vzzdak

May 7, 2010
You'd think publishers would realize that by releasing buggy games, they're training people to not purchase games when they're first released.

Edit: If at all...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
MrBrightside919 said:
No amount of apologizing will get me my 10 hours of gameplay back after my save corrupted...
Are you playing on Xbox 360? If so then it's likely Xbox Live interfering with you, that was the issue with Arkham City. I lost my complete save data where I had completed all the challenges and got all the medals. It was caused by turning off after getting an achievement without getting to a checkpoint or saving the game in any other way afterwards. Can you remember if you got one before you lost yours?

OT: I was worried about this title so I figured I would wait for a complete version to be released, then wait for that version to hit Steam sales. Looks like I dodged a bullet.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
Yopaz said:
MrBrightside919 said:
Are you playing on Xbox 360? If so then it's likely Xbox Live interfering with you, that was the issue with Arkham City. I lost my complete save data where I had completed all the challenges and got all the medals. It was caused by turning off after getting an achievement without getting to a checkpoint or saving the game in any other way afterwards. Can you remember if you got one before you lost yours?

OT: I was worried about this title so I figured I would wait for a complete version to be released, then wait for that version to hit Steam sales. Looks like I dodged a bullet.
Nah i'm on the PC...and yeah you dodged a bullet with this mess

SeventhSigil

Jun 24, 2013
It really does suck that all these issues have been cropping up, because I've been playing the game, (finished the story and half of the side content so far) without having encountered a significant bug, though God knows I was dreading it for the entire playthrough. Expecting my machine to burst into flames. In any case, without those frustrations and irritations, I've actually significantly enjoyed the game, and if it weren't for these glaring flaws in its polish, then I would at the very least call it worthy successor to the Arkham games. Nothing terribly revolutionary, except for the brief crime scene investigations, but I was quite engaged by the story, and generally found the boss battles among the best in the series. That and you can visit the Batcave whenever you want. Automatic bonus points.

Anyway, hopefully I will continue without encountering any major bugs. ._.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Maiev Shadowsong said:
That I can foresee the reply a mile away -- "It's inevitable. It's just part of the industry. Bugs are going to happen" -- depressed me. While games were never bug free and much simpler in days gone by, our capabilities are much higher now and every game released having at least some issues that need to be patched is just not okay. I'm kind of sick of publishers and developers pumping games out on a yearly cycle, giving them no effort and just shitting out patches to fix mistakes, because they know we'll just suck it up and keep buying.
You were on the right track with "our capabilities were much higher", but then turned ninety degrees in the entirely wrong direction.

I'm... actually kind of impressed with how abruptly you broke your own logic.

Bugs are things that go wrong with chunks of code. In the decades, we've not gotten better at programming (I'd argue that we've gotten significantly worse), we've gained literally MILLIONS of more code chunks. If anything, it's a wonder that we can put out ANY functioning software of any kind in a year in this day and age.

Saying that you're "sick" of reality does literally nothing. -___-

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Myndnix said:
I've so far had Batman glitch through a building and fall into water below the game world, and had lots of problems with the Dark Knight Challenges you can do during the game to unlock extra upgrades. Essentially, I have to do them multiple times for the game to actually recognise that I've done them.
And in fact, the Worst Nightmare 3 challenge, to unlock the Sonic Batarang, I still haven't done. Technically, I have, many times, it's just that the game won't recognise that I have no matter what I do. So that's fun.
y so glitchy
Yeah, that's happened with a LOT of my stealth challenges as well. What pisses me off is that there's a number of them that look like you should be able to do two or three of them in one room (which is damn handy seeing as how there's just not enough stealth rooms in the game to get all of them) but they only register the first one that did since most of those challenges are only recorded at the END of the encounter, meaning you can't get the next challenge since you technically weren't on it yet.

Fucking hate that BS challenge progression ladder...

Oh, and speaking of challenges, how about the bonus exp combat challenges in the Batcave? Like the one where doing a successful Blade Dodge earns you one of the trophies? But if you've already unlocked the Blade Dodge Takedown technique, it won't give you the trophy for some reason that goes beyond bullshit.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
PS3 version here, I have yet to encounter any issues, that said, I'm only about three hours in, so time will tell. But at least these guys are telling people they are aware of this stuff and are working on it.

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
All I can say on this matter is, good for WB they can be shitheads when it comes to copyright claims but I can say I like batman arkham origins and they have guts coming out and admitting they screwed up and intend to fix it, and so far they seem to be fixing it quite well