Warner Bros. Still Planning On Green Lantern Sequel

redlueliger

Jul 21, 2010
The only reason I saw Green Lantern was that the drive-in theatre I went to was showing Super 8 afterwards. Green Lantern sucked, but Super 8 was awesome. Basically, please don't mak a sequel.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
ONLY good idea for the next GL movie would be:
Green Lantern: First Class
:p

Couch Radish

Mar 28, 2011
Well if they actually decide to follow the comic book this time, it might be worth watching.

So the sequel is going to be in the shadows and be a part of a plan. Sounds good.

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
Here's to hoping they improve upon Green Lantern as much as the Hulk movies did, if not more.

Riesel87

May 2, 2011
This film is nowhere near as bad as people are making out. They just read reviews of critics and get swayed before they get a chance to make their own opinion. I mean yeh bits of the film were a touch dull and cheesey, the cgi was not the worlds greatest achievement, but so what.You cant dislike something because you think oh this should look like that or this should have been done this way, its a non-sense. In general the film was a good watch for a couple hours and did what a comic book film generally should do. Not every comic book film can be a Noir style grit thriller like Nolan's Batman guys. I dont think it is even possible to make something as visual as green lantern look "realistic", because its an impossible fantasy, hence suspention of disbelief.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
When this comes out I'm going to have to laugh at Bob. Not because he'd be wrong, but because he'd have to watch it. I'll be sad later.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
rembrandtqeinstein said:
1. at least while they are working on it they aren't working on a Daredevil sequel

2. OMG Sweet Lord CTHULU PLEASE make a good movie out of this:

Come to think of it almost all of Warren Ellis' stuff would make good movies.[/QUOTE]

His stuff tends to be so long and complex. I think if it became a movie it would be paced awfully.

I'd love to see transmetropolitan as like... an animated series that goes word for word from the comic on like HBO or something.
who would voice spider though?

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Does anyone care to enlighten me as to why this movie was so bad? Because I don't see it and everyone is vague and all seem to be trying to jump on a bandwagon.

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
Savagezion said:
Does anyone care to enlighten me as to why this movie was so bad? Because I don't see it and everyone is vague and all seem to be trying to jump on a bandwagon.
Yeah here you go, click on that search bar at the top of your browser and type in "green lantern movie reviews".

Hundreds and hundreds of posts by intelligent individuals describing exactly why this movie fails so utterly hard.

Seriously... are your fingers broke, or are you just feigning ignorance?

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Jake Martinez said:
Savagezion said:
Yeah here you go, click on that search bar at the top of your browser and type in "green lantern movie reviews".

Hundreds and hundreds of posts by intelligent individuals describing exactly why this movie fails so utterly hard.

Seriously... are your fingers broke, or are you just feigning ignorance?
Wow, you proved me wrong about the whole bandwagon thing, didn't you? Rather than state in your own words why it is bad, you make a vague nod to multiple reviews. Not even 1 specific review you particularly agree with. That is nothing like jumping on a bandwagon, is it?

Smarmy posts are irritating aren't they? I have read the reviews and I still don't see what the fuss is about. I could nitpick any movie the way they do Green Lantern. When the remake of Godzilla came out there was a very vocal outcry that Godzilla's skin wasn't durable enough to hold his guts based on the force of the explosion that penetrated his skin or some crap.

You can dissect the fun out of any film released today. (Especially, action flicks) But doing so is EXACTLY the reason Ang Lee thought The Incredible Hulk was going to be a huge hit instead of a huge failure. But guess what? He tried so hard to please the dissectors out there that the movie wasn't fun, it was boring, and it flopped. Green Lantern has like 3 origin stories or something, the story is really out there, Hal is so all over the place in the comic it is so hard to nail him down to 1 personality type. (I say he is arrogant is about all you got but a character isn't developed with only 1 attribute.) The source material is shaky ground at best thus creative liberties should have been expected from the get go.

I don't think people really are examining the movie for what it is. Moviebob definitely isn't. He claims one was fanboy free but it was dripping with fanboy issues and strawman.

If you have an opinion of your own, I am interested. But I am aware of the search bar. I have been reading reviews beyond even just this site for the past week.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I don't believe it. People say all kinds of things about movies that never come to be. Until they actually do something I'm not believing it one way or the other.

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
Just found out that the first green lanturn hasnt even beaten its budget yet, however its early days.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Vansau, when Bob said that they weren't making a sequel, he meant they weren't going to make anything that really deserved to be affiliated to the GL name.

With that said, he pretty much nailed it on that prediction.