Warner Commands Mortal Kombat: Rebirth Director to Finish It

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
This makes me a very happy Dalek! :D

I frigging loved this little movie and I'm glad they're going to make a web series out of it.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
This sounds cool. is there an estimated starting time? Or do we need to wait for further updates?

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
Trogdor1138 said:
As I said in a forum topic about it, I'm hugely excited about this. It should be an awesome web series and one of the best (if not the best). Maybe it could even lead to a big screen film done in the future.
I posted it early yesterday morning.

Too late Escapist! I beat you to the post! MUAHAHAHAHA!

http://www.conversationmarketing.com/Snidely%2BWhiplash.png

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009

I just took a shower and I have to change my pants again...

That was just too sweet for words.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Wahful said:
Okay, im a massive Mortal Kombat fan.

Who the HELL is Durak?
Lol I had to google that myself. As near as I can tell, he's a pallet-swap of Goro...

Also, I'm disappointed by a lack of mention of Baraka and Reptile. They were in that short film, weren't they? I really liked their implementation (assuming I didn't imagine it), would be a shame to waste that.

EDIT: From Wikipedia:
Wikipedia said:
In the animated film Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins, Goro confronts his older brother Durak for a jeweled egg in which the winner was to tribute to their father Gorbak. He ends up losing the fight after hanging from a cliff while Durak tries to help him up. Goro betrays his brother and knocks him into the pit.

JayDub147

Jun 13, 2009
I think they made a good decision. I don't really see this working as a movie, but I'd watch a web series.

RJ Dalton said:
You'll forgive me if I'm not expecting much. Everything about this trailer screams of trying too hard. I suppose that's better than the original MK movies, which weren't trying at all, but I still don't expect greatness out of this franchise.
I agree. However, in short bursts, trying too hard can end up pretty fun.

kaieth

Mar 16, 2010
YES YES YES YES YES YES YEEEESSSS!!!!

I just about creamed myself. Best thing I've heard this week.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Hoooooorayyyy!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to be so goddamn epic! Loved the trailer.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday and how it would be a great movie. Now that it is going to be a webseries, there's only one thing to do:

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
Heh, Warner Bros. was all like "GET OVER HERE" to Kevin Tancharoen when they saw the short film.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
LawlessSquirrel said:
Wahful said:
Okay, im a massive Mortal Kombat fan.

Who the HELL is Durak?
Lol I had to google that myself. As near as I can tell, he's a pallet-swap of Goro...

Also, I'm disappointed by a lack of mention of Baraka and Reptile. They were in that short film, weren't they? I really liked their implementation (assuming I didn't imagine it), would be a shame to waste that.

EDIT: From Wikipedia:
Wikipedia said:
In the animated film Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins, Goro confronts his older brother Durak for a jeweled egg in which the winner was to tribute to their father Gorbak. He ends up losing the fight after hanging from a cliff while Durak tries to help him up. Goro betrays his brother and knocks him into the pit.
Why the hell include a character who were not even sure is canon! Maybe its a mistake in the article...

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
Am I the only person who wasn't nuts about the original trailer? I mean, yeah it looks all gritty and serious and shit, but it looks absolutely nothing like the MK I know and love. Say what you will about the 90s movie (the first one, not the ass-tastic sequel), but it was at least fun and didn't take itself very seriously. If you're going to make a good MK movie that is really faithful to MK, I think you need to play up the epic fantasy angle. Hell, comic book films were the hot thing in Hollywood for the past decade or so. That was the perfect time for something along those lines.