Warners Announces Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Warners Announces Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Save plastic Gotham with new vehicles, gizmos, and super buddies in this 2012 summer follow up to Lego Batman.

Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment has formally announced Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, the anticipated sequel to the best selling Lego game of all time. Joining the Dark Knight this time around will be a smattering of Justice League veterans, including Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Superman.

"We're offering fans a rich and expansive Gotham City environment filled with cool characters, great customization options and plenty of surprises that families, young gamers and DC Universe fans can enjoy together," said Tom Stone, managing director of TT Games.

In the game, Batman and Robin will call upon their superhero chums to help save Gotham from the inevitable misconduct of the Joker and his new accomplice, Lex Luthor. Players will get to use the Batmobile, Batwing, and a whole new toy box of gadgetry including Batman's Power Suit and Robin's Hazard Cannon in their efforts to thwart whatever nasty new plot those two malfeasants have cooked up. The visiting heroes will bring their A-game as well, adding powers such as heat vision, flight, and super-breath to the fight.

The game will arrive for the summer of 2012 on nearly every current system imaginable, so if you own an Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PC, DS, 3DS or PlayStation Vita, you'll be able to slip on the Batsuit, and Batarang the baddies just like the modular, tiny plastic superhero you were always meant to be.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-05-lego-batman-2-dc-super-heroes-announced]

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I want to see Superman punch someone to blocks. Errr...Bits.

Green Lantern would be cool in a Lego game, too, so I'm looking forward to the additional characters.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
This could be pretty cool, I like lego games in general (although the original batman wasn't as good as the Star Wars game) but the idea of playing as GL is pretty cool.

In Brickest day...

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
I just think it's sad that they have to call it "Super Heroes" instead of "Superheroes." Guess that's cause ol' Bats ain't actually a superhero. Aw, poor Bats.