WARNING: Last of Us 2 has leaked

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Guys, just as a giant PSA for those who might not be aware yet.

The story for the Last of Us 2 has fully leaked online so beware of all social media sources if you give a shit about the game and/or spoilers about the game.

Though as a fan of leaks myself and a person who doesn't much care about the game in general.....oh boy.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not a last of us fan, but thanks for the heads up. I usually avoid YouTube and I hate most social media sites anyway, when it comes games as I do care about.

Last edited:

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Well now they gotta release it after this, right? Riiiight? If it's done? ...Eh? ain't got money yet though, so it won't save these curious eyeballs.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
And the bagage just keeps piling onto this game.

While I'm of the firm belief that spoilers can't ruin a story just the surprise... fuck. I already knew youtube would be a minefield come the release of this game, but apparently it'll be one starting right now, and the release still isn't even on the horizon.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
And the bagage just keeps piling onto this game.

While I'm of the firm belief that spoilers can't ruin a story just the surprise... fuck. I already knew youtube would be a minefield come the release of this game, but apparently it'll be one starting right now, and the release still isn't even on the horizon.
I mean let this be a lesson in treating your employees better. Because a disgruntled employee can really fuck shit up for you especially in media.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I mean let this be a lesson in treating your employees better. Because a disgruntled employee can really fuck shit up for you especially in media.
Has that been confirmed? Even then though, that's a major asshole move.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Naw, who knows at this point. But it seems the most likely scenario..
Eitherway, Sony better get the fuck off their ass and give some confirmation as to when this fucking thing is finally gonna get released, because this is the worst combination for people who are looking forward to this game. 'Whoops sorry, delayed. Whoops sorry, delayed again, and no word on an actual release. Whoops, the plot has leaked.'

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Eitherway, Sony better get the fuck off their ass and give some confirmation as to when this fucking thing is finally gonna get released, because this is the worst combination for people who are looking forward to this game. 'Whoops sorry, delayed. Whoops sorry, delayed again, and no word on an actual release. Whoops, the plot has leaked.'
That actually just got announced

It is now coming out on June 19th, and the Ghosts of Tsushima game has also been pushed back too, I believe.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Lol i was just gonna update because I just saw the release date.

I guess they figure in the end it's best to launch the game, than leave it on the shelf while it sits on the internet for free for months and months.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Guys, just as a giant PSA for those who might not be aware yet.

The story for the Last of Us 2 has fully leaked online so beware of all social media sources if you give a shit about the game and/or spoilers about the game.

Though as a fan of leaks myself and a person who doesn't much care about the game in general.....oh boy.

What's crazy is the game had previously at one point been postponed indefinitely due to the Covid crap. Sony even started issuing refunds for digital preorders. Wonder if this is connected somehow.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
What's crazy is the game had previously at one point been postponed indefinitely due to the Covid crap. Sony even started issuing refunds for digital preorders. Wonder if this is connected somehow.
Perhaps, though the new release date seems to be in direct response to the leaks. Though in reality businesses can't just decide to release on a whim. So Sony probably has been in talks about the release date for a while and ultimately they've decided that the Climate of the world, doesn't have a negative impact on the game's release in regards to the game's content. So they considered everything, and are simply going ahead and releasing the game, with enough lead time for disc production and distribution.

Though im sure Naughty Dog isn't happy about the leaks. But no company ever is.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Perhaps, though the new release date seems to be in direct response to the leaks. Though in reality businesses can't just decide to release on a whim. So Sony probably has been in talks about the release date for a while and ultimately they've decided that the Climate of the world, doesn't have a negative impact on the game's release in regards to the game's content. So they considered everything, and are simply going ahead and releasing the game, with enough lead time for disc production and distribution.

Though im sure Naughty Dog isn't happy about the leaks. But no company ever is.

...Oh...I never even thought about the thematic impacts the game could have within the spectrum of our real life pandemic.

Guess that shows how much it bothers me.

Yoshi

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Might have to see if I can find it online, I have no intention of playing the game so I might as well see if the story is any better than the first game.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
It's not, it's dramatically worse
Yay, I feel validated.

Theory, Naughty Dog have leaked a fake plot to ramp up interest in the game that they always intended to release this summer. I mean, they might as well take advantage of all the people trapped inside. I doubt anyone is going to feel like staying in and playing video games once everyone is allowed out to do stuff again.