WARNING! this is a real threat to basic human freedoms!

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
TheVioletBandit said:
Diablo1099 said:
TheVioletBandit said:
Diablo1099 said:
Dear America.

Please get your shit together.

Signed Everyone.

Dear Everyone,

You're not really helping.

Signed, America
Dear America.

WE Didn't vote on a bill that puts us AT WAR WITH OURSELFS!!
WE got our own Issues to deal with, WE didn't think that you would pull some shit like this!
AND WE DIDN'T MAKE PIZZA A STAPLE FOOD!!!

Signed, Everyone.
Dear Everyone,

You did push bills, laws, and so on forward that put you at war with yourselves, and you did it over and over again. Maybe your getting to old to remember your long and horrible life, but let me remind you, it has been a blood bath.

Signed America
Dear America

Sure, we did some dumb shit in the past, fought wars, made bad moves, but COME ON!
YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE YOUR COUNTRY A WARZONE!!! WITHOUT AN ENEMY TO FIGHT!!! And don't say "it's to fight the War on Terror" Because that is NOT how you do it!
You are attacking the people you are trying to save.
You can't just spin something like that

Signed, Everyone

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Lilani said:
Sylvine said:
Under 1031:
"(d) CONSTITUTIONAL LIMITATION ON APPLICABILITY TO UNITED STATES PERSONS.
?The authority to detain a person under this section does not extend to the
detention of citizens or lawful resident aliens of the United
States on the basis of conduct taking place within the
United States except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States."
If it was the "companies" stuffing the ballot boxes a year or so ago in preparation for these protests their in-house seers foretold to them, then I'd say what they got passed here is pretty much useless for helping them out (unless, that is, most of the protestors are not US citizens or legal aliens)
Except this civil unrest has been building for more than a year, the real people in charge knew sooner or later that there would be an uprising and so started to plan for it. The ones who come up with these ideas know how to warp and twist the situation to meet any of their needs. You have one non-Caucasian in the group and suddenly everyone gets hauled in "until it can be sorted out".

The right to protest is a guarantee under the U.S constitution and relevant state laws, but that hasn't stopped all those peaceful protestors from being arrested has it?

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Joseph Alexander said:
http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/10023-senate-passes-controversial-defense-bill

yes, you read that right.
the senate has pushed forth an act that gives the military the ability to throw you in jail without cause, conviction, or end on mere suspicion.
and we though SOPA was the biggest threat to freedom.
Entertainment has long since become America's number one export product. (The might make more money on other stuff). I'm not American, so I get the sadistic pleasure to laugh at this.

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
Wow, do Americans actually know how their gov't is run?

Do checks and balances mean anything?

Still has to go through the House of Reps, and signed by the Pres.
Also the Supreme Court may have something to say about this.

Demix

Nov 8, 2011
Diablo1099 said:
TheVioletBandit said:
Diablo1099 said:
TheVioletBandit said:
Diablo1099 said:
Dear America.

Signed Everyone.

Dear Everyone,

You're not really helping.

Signed, America
Dear America.

WE Didn't vote on a bill that puts us AT WAR WITH OURSELFS!!
WE got our own Issues to deal with, WE didn't think that you would pull some shit like this!
AND WE DIDN'T MAKE PIZZA A STAPLE FOOD!!!

Signed, Everyone.
Dear Everyone,

You did push bills, laws, and so on forward that put you at war with yourselves, and you did it over and over again. Maybe your getting to old to remember your long and horrible life, but let me remind you, it has been a blood bath.

Signed America
Dear America

Sure, we did some dumb shit in the past, fought wars, made bad moves, but COME ON!
YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE YOUR COUNTRY A WARZONE!!! WITHOUT AN ENEMY TO FIGHT!!! And don't say "it's to fight the War on Terror" Because that is NOT how you do it!
You are attacking the people you are trying to save.
You can't just spin something like that

Signed, Everyone
Dear You,

You are not everyone, you will never be everyone. Yes our country is messed up and yes, we know it. The thing is we are very lazy while our government is becoming increasingly retarded.
Believe me when I tell you that they can never truly mess with us, if they really decide to wake up the demon that is our citizens (crazy bastards we are), it will be the American revolution part 2.

Although I can't speak for anyone but myself, I believe that we are not above taking down our own government should we find they outlived their usefulness. They tend to forget that ultimately they serve us and I'm interested in seeing someone remind them of that.

mrmooninnod

Aug 22, 2011
so why isn't every news media talking about and getting people mad you think they react badly to something used in communist china and other similar countries

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
DarkRyter said:
They pass this but they won't pass my proposed bill to allow American citizens to kill police officers?
You don't kill police officers. You want government officials, their the ones who tell police who to arrest.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Tiger Sora said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution

5th Sets out rules for indictment by grand jury and eminent domain, protects the right to due process, and prohibits self-incrimination and double jeopardy September 25, 1789 December 15, 1791
6th Protects the right to a fair and speedy public trial by jury, including the rights to be notified of the accusations, to confront the accuser, to obtain witnesses and to retain counsel

Not to sure if the 5th applies so much. But I'm 99% sure this would violate the 6th.
So, IF, this bill is passed. It's in violation of an amendment thus..... has no, or limiting powers.

This is to what I can figure out. I'm no law man.
I knew there were two others when I posted about this thing violating Four (protection from unreasonable search and seizure).

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Zhukov said:
Ah, we love you America.

From a distance.

A really looong distance.
Indeed, I never quite appreciated the Atlantic Ocean like in these days. D:

Shadowkire

Apr 4, 2009
Diablo1099 said:
Dear America.

Signed Everyone.
Dear Ireland,

Thanks for caring, but please remember that America is the land of sensationalism and that half of what people think that bill is saying is actually a misinterpretation of legalese. It in fact only allows the military more rights on arresting American citizens suspected of terrorism/treason and does NOT in fact allow them to be detained without trial indefinitely.

Signed United States of America.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
Shadowkire said:
OniaPL said:
Diablo1099 said:
TheVioletBandit said:
Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah
Lol, americans.
Diablo1099 is Irish.
Yep, and seeing the state of my country (Taxes on everything, My local Hospital being closed down so another could be built in Dublin, Us giving Billions of Euro to the people who cost us Billions of Euro) and the State of the US (Retarded government, Mass protests, bitching about the One Guy (Obama) trying to do something, Re-classifing Pizza and now this), I can say this:
"It could be worse..

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Krantos said:
*looks to Australia*
No R18 rating? Nope.
For all the fuss over there being no R18 rating for games in Australia only Mortal Combat has been banned and you can order that quite easily online.

The real concern for Australians is that last decade the $AUD was worth about $0.5US. Now it's at parity but retailers think that they can shaft us for the same price and then have the gumption to blame the GSTax when everybody buys online.

So just move here and buy your shit online. The weather's warm and the economy's great. Low crime. Better beaches.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Out of curiosity, given the recent bills like this one and the one to censor the Internet, does anyone get the impression that the recent politicians are not fond of our Constitution and are doing everything in their power to find loopholes or legalize bills that invalidate the Constitution?

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
ACman said:
For all the fuss over there being no R18 rating for games in Australia only Mortal Combat has been banned and you can order that quite easily online.

The real concern for Australians is that last decade the $AUD was worth about $0.5US. Now it's at parity but retailers think that they can shaft us for the same price and then have the gumption to blame the GSTax when everybody buys online.

So just move here and buy your shit online. The weather's warm and the economy's great. Low crime. Better beaches.
You had me at Warm Weather, fucking freezin over here and we get rain non-stop.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
Joseph Alexander said:
Fanfic_warper said:
Wait for it, Supreme Court's going to bring the hammer down on this one.
like they did on the patriot act?
That comment actually makes me weep a little bit on the inside. So true...