Wasteland Comes to GOG

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Wasteland Comes to GOG

GOG is now selling the RPG classic Wasteland for $5.99.

While for many the Fallout series is the standard face of post-apocalyptic gaming experiences, others with a taste for older vintages might point to Wasteland. Originally released in 1988, it introduced players to a future American landscape scorched to an atomic crisp and littered with mutants, bandits and monsters all happy to take you down for what little you had. It's arguably one of the more influential games of its time and is widely regarded as one of the great classics of its era.

Now, old school fans and new gamers alike can enjoy a fresh opportunity to Wasteland for a spin. This opportunity comes, of course, from GOG which is now selling it for a mere $5.99. As with all products sold by GOG, Wasteland will be DRM-free and packaged with extra goodies, some of which you're probably going to want/need to play the game. Games of this time period, for instance, made good use of their manuals. Likewise, the inclusion of a "Wasteland Survival Guide" is something we could see coming in handy.

As we noted <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126720-Wasteland-1-Coming-to-GOG-and-Steam>back in August, Wasteland will also be making a debut on Steam at some point in the future. Also, if you happen to be among those who contributed to inXile's Wasteland 2 <a href=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2?ref=users>funding campaign, you may want to hop over to Kickstarter where it's possible you'll find a complimentary voucher code for a GOG or Steam copy waiting for you in your inbox.

Source: <a href=http://www.gog.com/news/release_wasteland_1_the_original_classic>GOG

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
StewShearer said:
...with mutants, bandits and monsters all happy to you down for what little you had.
There is a word missing in there.

Was a little too young for Wasteland and the original Fallouts. I think I have those hidden somewhere. Have to give them a dust off.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Me55enger said:
StewShearer said:
...with mutants, bandits and monsters all happy to you down for what little you had.

Was a little too young for Wasteland and the original Fallouts. I think I have those hidden somewhere. Have to give them a dust off.
So you mean when I'm editing and realize I need to change tenses I'm actually supposed to replace the word I delete? You learn something new everyday. Thanks much! :)

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
StewShearer said:
Me55enger said:
StewShearer said:

So you mean when I'm editing and realize I need to change tenses I'm actually supposed to replace the word I delete? You learn something new everyday. Thanks much! :)
I wish I could say I'm glad I could help. But theres... something... in your... tone that... No. Just No.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Me55enger said:
StewShearer said:
Me55enger said:
StewShearer said:

I wish I could say I'm glad I could help. But theres... something... in your... tone that... No. Just No.
Hahaha. No sarcasm or anything. Just a little friendly self-depreciation, I swear.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
StewShearer said:
Also, if you happen to be among those who contributed to inXile's Wasteland 2 <a href=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2?ref=users>funding campaign, you may want to hop over to Kickstarter where it's possible you'll find a complimentary voucher code for a GOG or Steam copy waiting for you in your inbox.
As a side note: Backers of Torment: Tides of Numenera whose tier included a digital copy of Wasteland 2 are also getting the code.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
i love fallout and pledged to wasteland 2's kickstarter. So i should probably know what i just gave money to. I have heard it is good but it is the kind of game i wish someone would port over to mobile device. since it is so click focused and så small in zise that i would fit. and it would help make mobile gaming become more respected