Wastelander Panda Gleefully Blends Pandas And Post-Apocalypse Action

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
That's Pandaria, after the next WoW expansion hits and the land is pillaged by the hordes of night elf hunters and blood elf paladins...

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I too am sure there's gotta be potential in the Fallout style of TV show, a few small groups have made interesting trailers and I'm sure there's a potential audience.

My only misgiving at present, is the panda mask, if it's like a simple mascot head, then facial expressions are going to be very limited, and that's a big drawback for a lead character.

Having said that, 'V for Vendetta'. Get the right actor and no problem.

SnakeoilSage said:
Why is it always little groups like this that take crazy concepts and make them cool? Big groups take an idea like cowboys and aliens and turn it into shallow schlock watered down so people who can't think too hard without hurting themselves can watch it.
Because, as I said in a TV threasd about Sherlock today, the whole basis of commissioning a new TV series isn't about getting the best, it's about getting the most popular, and you can find something that'll mildly distract 10 million people, that makes it twice as good as a show that'll have 5 million rabid fans transfixed for an hour each week.

If it's 'different' or 'weird' or even, dare I say it, 'niche' then there's no money or ad revenue in it.

This is why I'm pleased the BBC is as big as it is, sure it makes some bloody awful stuff imo, but because it has a few digital niche channels, it also manages to come up with stuff like QI for not much money and, when it finds popularity, can move it to mainstream TV.

On commercial TV, QI would have had no chance against Celebrity Cooking for Abandoned Puppies ... on Ice. (and I realise I've killed my own argument by making that sound interesting! )

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
teebeeohh said:
ok i am not a big fan of pandas (they obviously want to be extinct, just let them) but this looks awesome. I also like that he left the children it always bugs me when wasteland survival is interrupted by stupid heroics
Ah I read that scene as him leaving some of the food behind as he knew there were children there. Just goes to show how differently people can view a scene :)

I'm kind of with you on pandas tho. All they need to do to survive as a species is fuck, and most species quite like doing that without being 'helped'. In all truth, aren't we just trying to save them because they're cute? There's thousands of types of beetles and weird little bugs going extinct, but you won't see them getting a charity, but it's all about us in the end, and what we judge to be worthy of life.

We gave you some extra bamboo, a mate, and a Barry White CD, now if you still don't wanna fuck, enjoy your life, but don't expect us to keep pushing, if you won't :D

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
That was surprising, I was all ready to laugh at that costume that wouldn't even fool a 5 year old, but damn they do the atmosphere well.
I want to see this shindig right now!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
teebeeohh said:
ok i am not a big fan of pandas (they obviously want to be extinct, just let them) but this looks awesome. I also like that he left the children it always bugs me when wasteland survival is interrupted by stupid heroics
he could have at least thrown them a can or somthing (mabye he did)

it actually kind of disturbed me...

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Vault101 said:
teebeeohh said:
he could have at least thrown them a can or somthing (mabye he did)

it actually kind of disturbed me...
well it was kinda my inner cynic talking there because the kids are dead. no matter what he does short of taking them with him will really help them. If he takes them with him he will die too. The only reason for him to leave them food would be so we like him more and i can really appreciate them not doing this.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Wut? Seriously, wut?! Ok, this looks too awesome to exist, and I think they're trolling us... Hope not though. PLEASE BE REAL!

Fuhjem

Jan 17, 2009
If this is being shown in the U.S., there is a 112.547% chance that I will watch it.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
vansau said:
Monoochrom said:
Looks mind-numbingly stupid to me.

I'm sure most people here will love the concept.
Aren't you just a peach. Looking to piss off the mods, are we?
How about both of you go take your schoolyard fight somewhere else.

OT: Sweet! A gritty post apocalyptic show with some WTF added in. Gotta love indie film makers.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
It sort of reminds me of Gamma World, but in a cool way.

http://www.tims-world.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/1045357283_GCxg2-L.jpg

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
It shouldn't be this awesome. But it is. This is what would happen if studio Gainax made a post apocalypse film. Hell yeah.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Monoochrom said:
Looks mind-numbingly stupid to me.

I'm sure most people here will love the concept.
'If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.'

OP:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!
This is weird and unexpected.
I will be following the progress of this... thing.
[sub]fuckingpandaswhat?![/sub]

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Wow. I just donated to the project myself, i urge everyone slightly interested to donate a dollar two so they can get this off the ground.

http://www.pozible.com/index.php/archive/index/4813/description/0/0

I only wish i had $10,000 to donate ><

i WANTS DEM SHOES!

Kirsty Stark

Jan 30, 2012
Hey. I'm Kirsty, the producer of Wastelander Panda, and just wanted to say a huge thank you for supporting the film.

It's been awesome to see so many people talking about it online, and we're really excited about getting the next stage of the project underway so that you can all watch more Panda!

I also wanted to let you know that we now have a Pozible page open to fund the episodes of Wastelander Panda. There are awesome rewards for donating, including Wastelander Panda buttons/badges, t-shirts, hoodies and artwork, so we'd love you to check it out.

If there's anything else you'd like to see as a reward, please let us know, and we'll do our best to make it happen.

We've been working on this concept for over a year and can't wait to bring you more episodes. http://wastelanderpanda.pozible.com

Thanks so much!

Kirsty Stark
Epic Films

[email protected]

Kirsty Stark

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks so much for donating! We really, really appreciate it!

Kirsty

WWmelb said:
Wow. I just donated to the project myself, i urge everyone slightly interested to donate a dollar two so they can get this off the ground.

i WANTS DEM SHOES!

mstieler

Sep 20, 2009
Sixcess said:
This is what will happen if Bethesda joins up with Blizzard to make the Fallout MMO.
Pretty similar to what I thought of when I read the title... "World of Warcraft: Mists of Fallout: New Vegas?"

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Kirsty Stark said:
Thanks so much for donating! We really, really appreciate it!

Kirsty

WWmelb said:

i WANTS DEM SHOES!
More than welcome. Always happy to help out worthwhile projects where i can :) Good luck on the goal, i'll be keeping tabs :)

Now... about dem shoes... *evil grin*