Watch 12 Minutes of Civilization VI Gameplay Narrated by Sean Bean

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Watch 12 Minutes of Civilization VI Gameplay Narrated by Sean Bean

Get a first look at gameplay in Civilization VI in this new video from E3 2106.

Behind closed doors at E3, gameplay videos are often shown off. They may be hands-on or hands-off, but they eventually find their way to the public eye. Such is the case with this gameplay demo of Civilization VI.

Narrated by Sean Bean, the video shows off gameplay in the newest Civilization game, including combat, changes to cities [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167767-Get-a-First-Look-at-Cities-and-America-in-Two-New-Civilization-6-Videos], and more. You'll get to see the game's new art style as well.

The only pressing question I have is this: If Sean Bean is the narrator, who's going to narrate the second half of the game after he's inevitably killed off? I guess we'll find out when Civ 6 launches for PC on Oct. 21.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I wonder if Mr Bean chooses characters that get killed off early because it means he has to work less. Or he likes playing characters that die.

OT; So is he just narrating the video, or is he the game's actual narrator?

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
008Zulu said:
I wonder if Mr Bean chooses characters that get killed off early because it means he has to work less. Or he likes playing characters that die.

OT; So is he just narrating the video, or is he the game's actual narrator?
No idea if he's doing the whole game or just this video. 2K didn't specify. But I hope he does the whole game.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
ffronw said:
No idea if he's doing the whole game or just this video. 2K didn't specify. But I hope he does the whole game.
Please let him be the Narrorator. The only person who has a more soothing voice is the Freeman himself...

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
This looks like a *[a href=http://new1.fjcdn.com/gifs/Disgusted+faces+thread+mfw+i+hear+kids+with+aspergers+talk_b8f8ee_4486416.gif]shudder[/a]* mobile game.

As per usual, wait for DLC, buy complete edition on sale in 2 years.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
freaper said:
This looks like a *[a href=http://new1.fjcdn.com/gifs/Disgusted+faces+thread+mfw+i+hear+kids+with+aspergers+talk_b8f8ee_4486416.gif]shudder[/a]* mobile game.

Civ games are so interface-driven, saying one of 'em looks like a mobile game makes me roll my eyes. *Of course* they look like they'd sit right at home on a tablet, the entire gameplay is reliant on the mouse!

NickBrahz

Mar 30, 2011
IamLEAM1983 said:
freaper said:

Civ games are so interface-driven, saying one of 'em looks like a mobile game makes me roll my eyes. *Of course* they look like they'd sit right at home on a tablet, the entire gameplay is reliant on the mouse!
They may mean in the sense that the game has an oversimplified artstyle which is on par with what your phone can handle, not a computer.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
008Zulu said:
Nah. He dies on set and they have to send a timelord to the moment before his death to finish the shoot and he is left blissfully unaware that anything is up.

OT: I could never get into these games. Alpha Centauri was the only one, even then it was far from my favourite RTS. I just could not reconcile with the turn-based nature of it. Undertale is the only turn-based game that I not only enjoyed but freakin loved!