Watch an Hour of Star Wars: Battlefront III Gameplay

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
WHY, LUCASARTS? WHY?!

Kungfu_Teddybear said:
I'll be back in a bit everyone. I'm going to grab an extremely large tub of Ben & Jerrys, sit in my shower and cry my fucking eyes out at the fact this game was cancelled.

FUCK YOU LUCAS ARTS!
I'm with you on that. Hold on, I think I have some Ben & Jerrys Schweddy Balls ice cream.

Seeing how far they were into development makes it all the more depressing *cry*

Captcha: face to face.... Yes, I would like a face to face confrontation with the execs at lucasarts and demand to know why they could make Star wars kinect but not this.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
vrbtny said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
Yeah but it needs to be Cookie Dough flavour.
It was buy one get one free, so here you go. Cookie dough flavour for you!

I'm gonna sit here and sob into my tub of Americone Dream.....

/sob sob sob
Thank you very much my friend.

/sob

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Witty Name Here said:
kajinking said:
So wait...they could make a Darthvader dance off but not this? That's like dropping Halo 4 for Halocart racing.
Need I remind you this a company named after a man that thought this.

This

This

And This

Would all be great ideas, and the only thing out of that list that he ever went out and said he regretted was the last one?

Anyways... The game had so much potential only to be all pissed away T_T

I also have the sinking feeling that if they do make the game, it'll be by a different company and it will essentially just be a Modern Warfare rip-off reskinned as "Star Wars!"
Let me guess Nostalgia Critic fan?

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
Wait, so can anyone explain why they decided to cancel this? It looked like it could have been a pretty awesome game.

Was it delays? Or just asshole-syndrome on the part of the higher ups?

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Looks like some quality improvements over battlefront 2, would have been nice.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Irridium said:
We could have had this. This, and Timesplitters-goddamn-4.
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
I'll be back in a bit everyone. I'm going to grab an extremely large tub of Ben & Jerrys, sit in my shower and cry my fucking eyes out at the fact this game was cancelled.

FUCK YOU LUCAS ARTS!
Got room for one more?
Manly tears.
MANLY TEARS!

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Escapist...

Why would you play upon my emotions like this?

Now I'm sad.

Sovereignty said:
Wait, so can anyone explain why they decided to cancel this? It looked like it could have been a pretty awesome game.

Here ya go

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

Explained in full

Answer: money

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Wow that was, ummm, quite good looking game footage. Shame the game got cancelled but I'm sure that i won't succumb to emotions like other members of the escapist. I'm fine. I really am, not a single issue with seeing this. I..I.....I-I......

*Cue true reaction: watch from 0:40*

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Infernai said:
Wow that was, ummm, quite good looking game footage. Shame the game got cancelled but I'm sure that i won't succumb to emotions like other members of the escapist. I'm fine. I really am, not a single issue with seeing this. I..I.....I-I......

*Cue true reaction: watch from 0:40*
May I dare ask how someone could be -that- traumatized by a car accident?..

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Easton Dark said:
Escapist...

Why would you play upon my emotions like this?

Now I'm sad.

Sovereignty said:

Here ya go

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

Explained in full

Answer: money
Just read it and good lord! I knew a company going under was a big deal but I had no idea it could be that slow and painful! Makes me worry about the guys behind the Prototype series.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Kungfu_Teddybear said:

FUCK YOU LUCAS ARTS!
You want any rocky road? I've got a little left over from Mass Effect 3. "sigh" what the Hell is wrong with video games these days?

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
God damnit Lucasarts! What happened to you? From games like Monkey Island and Battlefront, to Star Wars Kinect, how the mighty have fallen.

The worst part about this is that this is virtually the only Star Wars series that could have shipped a million+ units anymore.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Where's the fuckin' Kickstarter when we actually need it?!!!

Jesus. I can't believe they made Star Wars Kinect and they canned this. That must be the dumbest business decision I've ever heard of.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
I hope for the fans of the Battlefront series, that one of the devs kept a copy of the files somewhere.

antipunt said:
May I dare ask how someone could be -that- traumatized by a car accident?..
I'm no fan of that show (Clannad). But somehow being a anime-buff requires me to respond. Basically, troubled childhood.

Mahorfeus said:
Another Crystal Skull hater? Le sigh.
It's not his fault that George Lucas can't write for shit and that his company can't even milk its franchise correctly.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
If it really was almost complete at the time it was cancelled, here's hoping that a disgruntled dev eventually does what one of the disgruntled devs of Star Fox 2 did and leaks that sucker. It should see the light of day, and IP law be damned. It should be illegal to just sit on something like that. If you're not gonna sell it, release it for free.